Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hogwarts Express is just Hogwarts Express. I can see them not wanting the main three in this attraction but I honestly wonder if we'll get ANY actors for it or just the mystical animals.

Someday Universal will build a ride where nothing goes horribly wrong.

KidZone attractions don't count.

Hogwarts Express.

Actually something did go "horribly wrong" with this. Not on the ride, but before it was built. I had an office overlooking the construction at the building beside universal creative, and from what I understand, the 3D windows without glasses, you see (which are amazing) ended up having to be deeper than expected so they had to significantly modify the loading stations after they were built. They definitely got it right in the end though. It is such a underappreciated, and totally different attraction, connecting the back of both parks, with a one of a kind experience. I am always amazed by what they did with that, the queues and loading stations alone are a piece of art, never mind the actuall train, loading station and on-board experience.

Actually something did go "horribly wrong" with this. Not on the ride, but before it was built. I had an office overlooking the construction at the building beside universal creative, and from what I understand, the 3D windows without glasses, you see (which are amazing) ended up having to be deeper than expected so they had to significantly modify the loading stations after they were built. They definitely got it right in the end though. It is such a underappreciated, and totally different attraction, connecting the back of both parks, with a one of a kind experience. I am always amazed by what they did with that, the queues and loading stations alone are a piece of art, never mind the actuall train, loading station and on-board experience.
We love the attraction, and ride it once or twice or thrice just about every day of vacation. Before HE we rarely did both parks the same day even though they're so close to one another. Now we rarely don't do both parks the same day . In my 'opinion' it's one of the top five or six attractions at Universal, and it sure makes them a ton of money since 80% of all tickets are non park hoppers (per Universal). It really makes both Potter areas seem as one. Yes, it's underappreciated by so many. It's a level ten attraction in my eyes though.....And now that it has an 'Express' line, we'll probably ride it even more often, since it tends to get crowded mid afternoon.

Plenty of things go wrong on that ride, but nothing goes horribly wrong. Universal is obviously getting better, but if they deny they have a problem they're horribly wrong.:grin:
The way I see it, the ride is like one giant Fallon sketch. It's in no way comparable to the "...and then something goes horribly wrong" trope many Universal attractions have used.

Fallon was perfectly respectable attraction, but It would be skewered if it were a Disney attraction.

Because Disney builds rides rarely. Universal isn't building a mega expensive D or E ticket every year, but they are putting in something new constantly.

Dismey never did, until D23 last year.

Because Disney builds rides rarely. Universal isn't building a mega expensive D or E ticket every year, but they are putting in something new constantly.

Dismey never did, until D23 last year.
“Disney never did” is a bit of a bold statement that isn’t true either. Disney sat on their laurels for quite awhile, but for about a solid two decades in the 80’s and 90’s Disney has non-stop growth.

Now Disney hasn’t built like this in a long while, yes, but never is not correct.

I don’t understand the “something goes horribly wrong” hate. What other exciting storylines would rides follow?
(Not being a jerk just curious and it’s early so my brain isn’t working)

Just like with Screens, it's the repetitiveness. I don't mind screens or "something goes horribly wrong" storylines but when a park is full of them with nothing to balance them, people begin to hate.

Just like with Screens, it's the repetitiveness. I don't mind screens or "something goes horribly wrong" storylines but when a park is full of them with nothing to balance them, people begin to hate.

Completely agree. I didn't mind screens when Universal first started implementing them but now... I try to avoid them like the plague. This leaves me with about 3-4 rides that I actually can enjoy riding more than once :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.