Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So @Brian G. says in the Ministry of Magic thread there's no Potter (including Fantastic Beasts) in Park 3, so take that one off the speculation list.

For now. If future movies do well I would think it's quite likely they would think again.

I'm hoping they have a long term strategy of driving a bunch of these skeevy businesses out of the I-Drive district and spearheading an effort to bring some placemaking to the area, bring it up to the quality of International Drive south of Sand Lake.

I would guess this to be one of the long term goals.

I'm hoping they have a long term strategy of driving a bunch of these skeevy businesses out of the I-Drive district and spearheading an effort to bring some placemaking to the area, bring it up to the quality of International Drive south of Sand Lake.
I would assume so. I also think direct purchases will be a part of the equation after Universal's south resort is completely built over the next 20 years.

My guess is that it would look like a university that purchases up homes and businesses nearby. Of course, there's typically a tax implication there, but I've seen plenty of universities that have aggressive long-term strategies to purchase up parcels near their campuses.

I would have to think that Universal will think about that type of strategy after they've finished building out the second resort around 2035. That's when you'd potentially have 4 dry parks, 2 water parks, 2 CityWalks, 20000+ hotel rooms throwing off an aggregate of $2+ billion in operating income in Orlando alone.

At that point, it makes a ton of sense for Universal to start plowing back a part of that cash flow into that type of strategy.

Is it possible that they could move Jurassic (World) to the new park and close Jurassic (Park) at IOA to make room for new additions there?

I would love to see the World of Stephen King at the new park. There are so many stories & characters that they could draw from. Maybe have a New England section which could include Stephen King & a new Jaws ride! :)

Is it possible that they could move Jurassic (World) to the new park and close Jurassic (Park) at IOA to make room for new additions there?

I would love to see the World of Stephen King at the new park. There are so many stories & characters that they could draw from. Maybe have a New England section which could include Stephen King & a new Jaws ride! :)

It has already been seemingly rumored that Jurassic Park: River Adventure at IOA would possibly close along with Hollywood's version to under renovations. And that, there seems to be another possible new Jurassic attraction coming to IOA.

With the new land acquisition and plans relocating backlot services, the large area in the northeast corner of US that looks like a junkyard should be freed up for new attractions?

With the new land acquisition and plans relocating backlot services, the large area in the northeast corner of US that looks like a junkyard should be freed up for new attractions?
Makes sense, but I don't think Universal is in any hurry to use this area. As attendance grows expansion plots like this will be important.

They own that and are showing projection mapping is another specialty. I do think Universal can do the mapping but if they went another direction (lasers?) I think they could carve out their own space. Fireworks are cool but a real pain to implement.

I'd argue Disney is actually kind of crap with their projection mapping. There is much more to be done with the technology. I saw a demo a few years ago that combined kuka arms and projection mapping for a show... Thought that was pretty neat.

The next phase of innovation with projection mapping is moving 3d surfaces, and not many, if any are doing that on a large scale.

With the Tolkien estate (now thankfully rid of Chris Tolkien) is taking bucks from Amazon for a mini series based on supplemental material from LoTR, I can't imagine them passing up a theme park opportunity
The only issue I could see stopping this would be money. The price of TV rights was astronomical but that was due mainly to a bidding war.

With the Tolkien estate (now thankfully rid of Chris Tolkien) is taking bucks from Amazon for a mini series based on supplemental material from LoTR, I can't imagine them passing up a theme park opportunity
And Tolkien hated Disney. It is the best IP going. Uni needs to close the deal if they haven't already. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.