Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I talked to someone in the know today and the project was supposed to be completed by Memorial Day, but the current hope is for late June, but probably July 4th is more realistic. They hope to have the pathway restored/walls down by Memorial Day and primary work done.
Well there was clearly an issue for a bit as work stalled for almost a month. Things have really picked up of late.

Well there was clearly an issue for a bit as work stalled for almost a month. Things have really picked up of late.
I'd guess the issue was something happening all around Orlando right now-- too much construction and not enough contractors and laborers to do the jobs. The cost of construction has gone up and the contractors the parks all use are spread thin right now. Universal and Disney having bigger projects and deeper pockets probably get preferential treatment compared to SeaWorld. I'd hate to be a real small potatoes company trying to get anything built right now...

Reactions: anihilnation
Every attraction I've seen that gets behind like this usually has effects or themeing cut. Wouldn't be surprised if there's less rock work than originally planned.

Every attraction I've seen that gets behind like this usually has effects or themeing cut. Wouldn't be surprised if there's less rock work than originally planned.
Honestly I didn’t even know there was supposed to be any rock work to begin with so I’m already satisfied lol.

TSL on the other hand i’ll notice the differences of what it was supposed to be and what it is right away.

The description of the ride sounded awesome. The ride will build in intensity with bigger and bigger rapids (class 1,2,3,4) as it goes, building up to the "big drop" just before the end. There is supposed to be a waterfall near the beginning that will "turn off" just as the boats approach. The biggest concerns I could see with this are that it's Intamin (which means it will have really bad tech issue/growing pains), and that they went with 8 passenger rafts rather than the 12 passenger version for more capacity.

Reactions: MakoMania
They also went with the 8 seater boats because of how tight and twisty some sections of the layout are. It's also lighter when trying to lift it up the vertical lift.

Reactions: JaySalahi
I know, but it cuts capacity. Also that lift will slow things down since it's one at a time rather that an alternating lift like some other rides.

Apparently the lift uses gravity to descend and the motor only lifts it.

For ride experience I am happier they went with the 8 passenger vehicles, for capacity, not so much. Honestly though, lines for attractions like JTA are not bad to begin with, so I'm fine with it. Also considering this attraction didn't replace an existing ride, I'm sure capacity won't be too bad. Once the "new" quality of the attraction dies down, I'm sure it will be fine.

The description of the ride sounded awesome. The ride will build in intensity with bigger and bigger rapids (class 1,2,3,4) as it goes, building up to the "big drop" just before the end. There is supposed to be a waterfall near the beginning that will "turn off" just as the boats approach. The biggest concerns I could see with this are that it's Intamin (which means it will have really bad tech issue/growing pains), and that they went with 8 passenger rafts rather than the 12 passenger version for more capacity.

It's all in the execution, Disney hyped the rapids of Kali too.

DbP_50QW4AARg-A

Photo from twitter user @hecpara shows that the drop has been installed. Also construction on the other side closest to the pond has begun. It will appear that some sort of shop/building will be going there, presumably from the concept art it will be this building/interactive station:
infinity-falls-seaworld-rapids.jpg

If it weren't for Bioreconstruct! Check out these awesome pics of IF construction:
Overall construction:
Db1DJ6uVQAEzvU-.jpg:large

Drop = installed, troughs look completed! Commence foliage and themeing! Looks like some of the major things left to be installed are those tower structures at the vertical lift (which I noticed are cleverly used to disguise the black elevator lift) and the pedestrian bridges over the trough and the one for the queue line.

Better look at the drop:
Db1EvYCUQAApeQy.jpg

Db1Eww5VQAAomJ8.jpg

Overhead view of the station:
Db1FPJyUQAA-1lG.jpg:large

I really love that they went for this type of conveyer belt station (like the one used in the Jurassic Park ride at Universal Singapore)
new0014.jpg

Another aerial view:
Db1FrczU0AA4muL.jpg:large

View of some kind of building (perhaps a gift shop?)
Db1GqqxUQAACefv.jpg

Officially convinced that this building is in fact the one shown in the concept art. It has the same exact shape.
infinity-falls-seaworld-rapids.jpg

Db1GrpWU8AAGm8l.jpg

Another view of that same building, also, you can see some walls are being placed directly across onto the main construction site. It would appear that middle wall section will support the pedestrian bridge.

Other photos of the "Bone Yard"

Db1HH8uU8AARG4b.jpg

Looks like those are Journey to Atlantis boats?

Then staging:
Db1HgVAU0AEVs-c.jpg:large

You can see some pieces of the tower and the platform for the vertical lift.

Still trying to figure out where this concept art photo fits into the picture:
Infinity-Falls-Concept-Art-SeaWorld-Orlando-004.jpg

Overall, this makes me immensely excited for this attraction. The themeing on this attraction seems to be really strong! As mentioned before by many, I think this will be the best attraction in Orlando released this year.

This is looking really promising now! Wouldn't it be funny if it turns out SeaWorld has the best new attraction in Orlando for 2018?

Db1HH8uU8AARG4b.jpg

I guess they replaced the JTA boats?