Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

But why not push it? All around Orlando you see billboards for Happily Ever After. And like I said, I talk to guests all the time who want to know if Universal has a nighttime show like Disney. I have to tell them no, but there's the potter show, etc, etc.

Guests WANT a nighttime show. Universal needs to let them know they have one.
When they do have one they will let them know

I’m glad they put the little orange bands around the pipes so that the fish don’t accidentally run into them. #thoughtful
Solve the problem. Put a real Jaws in the lagoon and no one need to worry about the fish. And for the star of the show, as the spotlight trains on the Jaws leaping out of the water to snatch mice :ears: thrown at it...... Top that Disney. ;)

With 360 and cinespec the pattern was, cool stuff the first year, they used it for other things. Then it kinda went unused.

Questions I had were, Why they never used those screens to rebroadcast the ultra crowded Mardi Concerts when they were over capacity .

They did use 360 once for HHN then never again, and when Cinespec was added, they used that for one year of HHN also, and then after that quit using it. Why?
To save on labor

I really do hope they go all out with the water jets and effects here. With the fireworks/noise issues brought on by the location, they gotta make up for the lack of pyro in the sky with pyro on the ground. Maybe even literally. A bunch of fire would be pretty awesome, in addition to more water works.

Maybe (hopefully) the location of the 4th gate will allow for a show with fireworks that come close to Disney's.

One of my good friends used to work for entertainment at UO and once told me that it wasn't the neighborhood that prevents them from doing big pyro but because they have no safe locations to launch stuff that big from. Everything around their launch areas are populated by back of house that can't close down and become safety risks. Disney has dedicated areas with nothing around it to launch the big stuff from. The other thing he said is that now that the Hogwarts Express runs through backstage, that limits them even more to what they can do back there.

We heard though from someone who was working in the park that they were testing fireworks for this show last week and they had some pretty big effects in it. My friend also said that he had heard this is going to be the biggest show Universal has ever done. That got me excited!

Have any permits been filled for this show? I'm wondering if permits might give us any clues to what they're doing on the lagoon or maybe even a name to this show..

We heard though from someone who was working in the park that they were testing fireworks for this show last week and they had some pretty big effects in it. My friend also said that he had heard this is going to be the biggest show Universal has ever done. That got me excited!

Checks out with what I've heard. We'll see about what the final product ends up looking like, but they're going all out with it, that's for sure.

From a construction standpoint, it seems that building a new booth would be unnecessary cost. Having to run fiber, show control signals, dmx, electrical cabinets, all of that infrastructure to a new location when they already have it installed seems like a waste, that is unless they don't have good line of sight from the booth in Richter's... I don't see why though. Hmm. Each day I get even more curious.... Make an announcement already!!

Have they been staging sections on the platform before dropping them in or are they starting a second level??

Attachments

• 31113852_10157250997395828_6123571579671148114_n.jpg
    31113852_10157250997395828_6123571579671148114_n.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 53
  • ls.JPG
    ls.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 34