Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 318 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
F&F is the first permanent implementation of a new project to merge ticketed media, express passes, and resort keys. Don't think it'll include MM+ like ride reservations but it's a large project. Been hearing a lot about it for awhile but it seems to be rolling out sooner than later.

I may be wrong, but I get the vibe of the methods of Fastpasses done from Disney prior to MyMagic and Maxpass, to where it was basically reserving for shorter wait times are coming to play.

If that's the case, I wonder how that'll work for attractions that don't have Virtual Queue set up yet, and that I would wonder if Despicable Me, Simpsons, or Shrek will be the first ones to test that out.

Reactions: tankart150
F&F is the first permanent implementation of a new project to merge ticketed media, express passes, and resort keys. Don't think it'll include MM+ like ride reservations but it's a large project. Been hearing a lot about it for awhile but it seems to be rolling out sooner than later.
Could you explain this a bit more? Not quite sure how all of that sticks together in this ride.

I may be wrong, but I get the vibe of the methods of Fastpasses done from Disney prior to MyMagic and Maxpass, to where it was basically reserving for shorter wait times are coming to play.

If that's the case, I wonder how that'll work for attractions that don't have Virtual Queue set up yet, and that I would wonder if Despicable Me, Simpsons, or Shrek will be the first ones to test that out.
They tested the Virtual Queue last year on DM for about a month before Fallon opened. Probably a dry run test for Fallon.

Universal has said that you will be able reserve Virtual Line times through the app same as Fallon.

Below copied from recent blog post:

Since the attraction is in technical rehearsal, Virtual Line and other attraction elements may not be available.

If Virtual Line is available, you’ll be able to access it through The Official Universal Orlando Resort Mobile App. All you need to do is select how many riders are in your group and the return time that works for you. While you wait for your ride time, you can enjoy other experiences throughout Universal Studios Florida.

I'm not talking virtual line.

Scanning some public and not so public areas and the attraction is being panned universally. (no pun intended)

While I know Universal is moving away from this style of ride and this was caught up in the middle of the transition I hope UOR and UC read and take in every bit of negative feedback on this ride and remember it.

Scanning some public and not so public areas and the attraction is being panned universally. (no pun intended)

While I know Universal is moving away from this style of ride and this was caught up in the middle of the transition I hope UOR and UC read and take in every bit of negative feedback on this ride and remember it.
They won't as much when the shop does well. If not I'm sure they will evaluate.
Remember we all hated Fallon with a passion? GP seems to like it a lot and the attraction is doing well. I'm positive the story is doing well to.

And they need to look at the few things people liked about it too - mostly the practical scene. When I've gone through, i've heard people say "Wow, this looks so cool"... only to be met with a dud of a "ride" that is nothing like that scene that wowed them.

Last edited:
And the few things people liked about it - mostly the practical scene. When I've gone through, i've heard people say "Wow, this looks so cool"... only to be met with a dud of a "ride" that is nothing like that scene that wowed them.
If the GP reaction is universally super strong negative to the 360 scene and universally positive to the practical scene & fake speed tunnel, the attraction may end up serving a purpose after all, namely a better direction for future attractions (and to buttress opinion with the executives what we have heard about a move away from this type of attraction in the future). And, maybe some mgt. personnel changes, if there is an internal need for that. Lukewarm reactions rarely elicit change, but strongly negative reactions often will. It may, in the long term, be better that the ride is weak & ends up poorly received by the GP, than it just be, an average attraction with a meh response.....Of course, I'm just judging by what you posters are saying, I haven't experienced it myself yet.

Last edited:
And they need to look at the few things people liked about it too - mostly the practical scene. When I've gone through, i've heard people say "Wow, this looks so cool"... only to be met with a dud of a "ride" that is nothing like that scene that wowed them.

@Mad Dog went in the direction I was going to bring up in that I am looking at that last few rides as them learning about what works well as they have a good number of rides to build in the coming years.

with FF, I assume they had what they had to work with. So many folks here want them to try something like The Great Movie ride....now folks are comparing this part to that...maybe they are testing the waters?

Reactions: Mad Dog