Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get a little bit on track with JP at Islands, how is the shape of River Adventure for Orlando? Hollywood seems to be really, really, really bad, with a lot of pieces gone or badly working.
Almost every AA in River adventure is outdated. I think the only ones that are good are the stegosauruses, the Dilophasauruses, and the T-rex. The effect where you are supposed to feel stalked by raptors in the bushes doesn't have enough foliage so it just feels like machines moving branches. Universal has shown it has FANTASTIC AA technology with the raptor encounter, and it's extremely clear how outdated RA's AAs are when compared to RE. The scene where you enter the raptor area feels too calm and staged, there are only two really terrible AAs chewing on a shirt.

Love the ride, but it needs an update more than any other attraction at UOR IMO. Except maybe Ripsaw. Except maybe CitH. Except maybe E.T. Exce-

Almost every AA in River adventure is outdated. I think the only ones that are good are the stegosauruses, the Dilophasauruses, and the T-rex. The effect where you are supposed to feel stalked by raptors in the bushes doesn't have enough foliage so it just feels like machines moving branches. Universal has shown it has FANTASTIC AA technology with the raptor encounter, and it's extremely clear how outdated RA's AAs are when compared to RE. The scene where you enter the raptor area feels too calm and staged, there are only two really terrible AAs chewing on a shirt.

Love the ride, but it needs an update more than any other attraction at UOR IMO. Except maybe Ripsaw. Except maybe CitH. Except maybe E.T. Exce-
Not that your point isn’t still valid overall, but Raptor Encounter is not animatronic. It’s 100% puppeteer in a suit. Extremely effective, but entirely controlled by a person.

Not that your point isn’t still valid overall, but Raptor Encounter is not animatronic. It’s 100% puppeteer in a suit. Extremely effective, but entirely controlled by a person.
That Raptor scares small kids. Saw one kid being dragged by his parents to see the Raptor. When he get up to the Raptor he was so terrified he squirmed out of his parents arms. He ran behind the photographer, hugging the photographer for dear life.

WHAT??? I seriously never knew that. Thanks for the info!
Totally. Next time you meet the raptor, look behind the bushes at its legs. You’ll see the human’s legs just standing underneath, behind the fake raptor legs. It’s highly effective due to the staging, but wouldn’t work if it was just walking down the street.

And same guy did the raptor puppets as the new Pandora merch suit lol. Sometimes staging makes all the difference.

Totally. Next time you meet the raptor, look behind the bushes at its legs. You’ll see the human’s legs just standing underneath, behind the fake raptor legs. It’s highly effective due to the staging, but wouldn’t work if it was just walking down the street.

And same guy did the raptor puppets as the new Pandora merch suit lol. Sometimes staging makes all the difference.
They have it walk around in Hollywood, right? I think it looks ok there.

Considering that USH actually has the Raptor Puppet's walking through street's, I would wager it could work, depending on how it's done.

Considering that USH actually has the Raptor Puppet's walking through street's, I would wager it could work, depending on how it's done.
I was referring to the way ours is designed, with separate legs that do not have the human legs inside the suit.

I feel like the Hollywood one looks less convincing, due to the legs not being bent like a real animal; looking too human like. Plus, the seams are more noticeable.

2800x1197_Character_Raptor_Encounter_V2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.