Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the train station trees don’t have snow so I would bet that the coaster trees won’t either.

Would it not be a little odd looking out from a snow covered Hogsmeade?
Fluffy is a gigantic and ferocious three headed dog featured in the books and movies. It was guarding the philosopher’s (sorcerer’s) stone. The creature is lulled to sleep by music.

xxx-d-dog-harry-potter-27.jpg

Shrieking shack is an assumed haunted house on the outskirts of Hogsmeade. It is later explained that it is not haunted but inhabited at brief times by a man turning into a werewolf, and thus his shrieks of pain in the transformation.

l_shack01_evp_hpe3.png

hp coaster artwork.jpg 30706302_2078350589077215_1244580143972745216_n.jpg

Whomping Willow? Shrieking Shack? Yay or nay?

There's the argument that the Whomping Willow is already featured in FJ... but it wouldn't not make sense to see it (or even Aragog) again here, since they technically were by or in the Forest... but I hope they spend their resources to feature other (previously unseen) creatures and stuff.

As far as the Shrieking Sack, it is not in the Forbidden Forest, or even close to it. Yes, there's a secret passageway from under the Whomping Willow that leads to it, but the actual building is in a remote area on the outskirts of Hogsmeade. They could always take some creative license and have it on some corner or the area... but I still to this day don't understand people's desire for it. It is not special, it is not haunted, and there's nothing to see there outside of the encounter from PoA. The only thing I can think about is, if it *had* to be a part of the attraction, we could ride into it and the floor would give out (since it's a rickety old building that's about to collapse at any moment), and we would have a drop or other thrilling ride element.

I don't get everyone's obsession with the Shrieking Shack, there's like two things that happen there haha

Years go by and the Shrieking Shack obsession doesn't die... I wish that along with this project they would've opened up Hogsmeade a bit by the entrance, with additional shops and maybe even a famous tea shop (which I care more about than the Shack, and which is actually inside Hogsmeade)... and then maybe they could've had at least a forced-perspective model of the Shack in the distance... but that's not happening.

There's the argument that the Whomping Willow is already featured in FJ... but it wouldn't not make sense to see it (or even Aragog) again here, since they technically were by or in the Forest... but I hope they spend their resources to feature other (previously unseen) creatures and stuff.

As far as the Shrieking Sack, it is not in the Forbidden Forest, or even close to it. Yes, there's a secret passageway from under the Whomping Willow that leads to it, but the actual building is in a remote area on the outskirts of Hogsmeade. They could always take some creative license and have it on some corner or the area... but I still to this day don't understand people's desire for it. It is not special, it is not haunted, and there's nothing to see there outside of the encounter from PoA. The only thing I can think about is, if it *had* to be a part of the attraction, we could ride into it and the floor would give out (since it's a rickety old building that's about to collapse at any moment), and we would have a drop or other thrilling ride element.

Years go by and the Shrieking Shack obsession doesn't die... I wish that along with this project they would've opened up Hogsmeade a bit by the entrance, with additional shops and maybe even a famous tea shop (which I care more about than the Shack, and which is actually inside Hogsmeade)... and then maybe they could've had at least a forced-perspective model of the Shack in the distance... but that's not happening.

They could just put a little model on top of a building like the Beast's Castle.

I don't get everyone's obsession with the Shrieking Shack, there's like two things that happen there haha

What, you mean as opposed to the famous rock quarries of Hogwarts? :lol:

I'd rather visit the Shrieking Shack than travel through random rockwork. After all, the Shrieking Shack is tied to the back story of one of my favorite characters, Remus Lupin, and I'd much rather Hagrid accidentally lead us to the Shrieking Shack during a full moon (perhaps during Harry's 3rd year) than take a Forbidden Journey through the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. But hey, maybe that's me.

Last edited:
As far as the Shrieking Sack, it is not in the Forbidden Forest, or even close to it.

I still think the Shrieking Shack has potential, and I don't think putting it close to the Forbidden Forest would be nearly as problematic as you're suggesting so long as it's somehow connected to Hogsmeade. That said, I was thinking a forced-perspective SS in the distance would be nice, too, and yeah, using a little but of that immense space to add a tea shop, if not a real Great Hall, didn't seem like too much to ask for, but fine, a roller coaster with lots of splendid rockwork it is.

4dcd98a0-c5a5-0132-4595-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

What, you mean as opposed to the famous rock quarries of Hogwarts?

I'd rather visit the Shrieking Shack than travel through random rockwork. After all, the Shrieking Shack is tied to the back story of one of my favorite characters, Remus Lupin, and I'd much rather Hagrid accidentally lead us to the Shrieking Shack during a full moon (perhaps during Harry's 3rd year) than take a Forbidden Journey through the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. But hey, maybe that's me.
It is.
I still think the Shrieking Shack has potential, and I don't think putting it close to the Forbidden Forest would be nearly as problematic as you're suggesting so long as it's somehow connected to Hogsmeade. That said, I was thinking a forced-perspective SS in the distance would be nice, too, and yeah, using a little but of that immense space to add a tea shop, if not a real Great Hall, didn't seem like too much to ask for, but fine, a roller coaster with lots of splendid rockwork it is.

View attachment 6538
Universal should be ashamed. How could they dare finally putting a much higher themed ride in this spot with hopefully little to no screens without including a beaten down shack with nothing special about it in and of itself. Heresy I tell you!!!

And before you say “Lupin became a Werewolf there!!!” So what? Harry learned he was a Wizard in that house in the middle of nowhere and I don’t see clamoring for that. I also don’t see clamoring for a place like Godric’s Hollow or the cave where the Horcrux Locket was (wouldn’t that be something, and also terrifying). Werewolves could easily just live in the Forest itself. I’m pretty sure during the kids first trip there Malfoy even says that they do.

It is.

Universal should be ashamed. How could they dare finally putting a much higher themed ride in this spot with hopefully little to no screens without including a beaten down shack with nothing special about it in and of itself. Heresy I tell you!!!

And before you say “Lupin became a Werewolf there!!!” So what? Harry learned he was a Wizard in that house in the middle of nowhere and I don’t see clamoring for that. I also don’t see clamoring for a place like Godric’s Hollow or the cave where the Horcrux Locket was (wouldn’t that be something, and also terrifying). Werewolves could easily just live in the Forest itself. I’m pretty sure during their first trip there Malfoy even says that they do.

No one said anything about screens, dude. So much straw man. This is about the structures that the coaster will pass through. There are, what, three of them? Will they be structures tied to the Harry Potter story or would you rather they all three just be rocks?

As for Little Whinging, it's in Surrey. The cave with the Inferi and locket is presumably closer to Tom Riddle's orphanage in London than to Scotland. Godric's Hollow is in southwest England. All are a little out of range from the Forbidden Forest, duh.

The Shrieking Shack is an iconic, recognizable structure that is actually supposed to be located within the vicinity of Hogsmeade. Every Harry Potter fan knows that. It should at least be seen in the distance.

As for werewolves in the forest, I'm all for it.

Last edited:
No one said anything about screens, dude. So much straw man. This is about the structures that the coaster will pass through. There are, what, three of them? Will they be structures tied to the Harry Potter story or would you rather they all three just be rocks?

As for Little Whinging, it's in Surrey. The cave with the Inferi and locket is presumably closer to Tom Riddle's orphanage in London than to Scotland. Godric's Hollow is in southwest England. All are a little out of range from the Forbidden Forest, duh.

The Shrieking Shack is an iconic, recognizable structure that is actually supposed to be located within the vicinity of Hogwarts. It should at least be seen in the distance.

As for werewolves in the forest, I'm all for it.
I wasn’t saying those locations should be in this particular ride. My point was that those are equally important to the plot and yet no one really cares to put them in the parks. As for the buildings what’s wrong with simply having them as interiors of the forest? My overall point was that this ride is shaping up to be pretty cool and you just want the Shreiking Shack. It’s just an empty busted up building that Lupin and his friends went to as kids.

As for magical creatures, there are so many to choose from: Aragog, the basilisk, Buckbeak, centaurs, dementors, dragons, Fawkes, Fluffy, Grawp, the giant squid, grindylows, mermaids, Nagini, thestrals, unicorns, werewolves, winged horses, and maybe even a nargle or two.

Anyone for nargles? :)

Last edited:
I wasn’t saying those locations should be in this particular ride. My point was that those are equally important to the plot and yet no one really cares to put them in the parks. As for the buildings what’s wrong with simply having them as interiors of the forest? My overall point was that this ride is shaping up to be pretty cool and you just want the Shreiking Shack. It’s just an empty busted up building that Lupin and his friends went to as kids.

I don't just want the Shrieking Shack. I also want a full Madam Puddifoot's tea shop, and the only thing that happened there was that Harry made Cho cry.

If you Google "places in Hogsmeade" and compare that to the shops and store fronts of Hogsmeade, they're pretty much all represented at least as a storefront: Honeydukes. Hog's Head Pub. Dervish and Banges. Owl post. The Three Broomsticks. Gladrags Wizardwear. Zonko's Joke Shop. Dominic Maestro's Music Shop, Spintwitches Sporting Needs, and Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop (as a storefront). Check, check, check, and check. What's missing? The Shrieking Shack.

Yes, the creatures that inhabit the Forbidden Forest may provide sufficient theming in and of themselves. But why would you prefer nothing but rocks to an iconic building that is an integral part of the Hogsmeade landscape? At worst, I could see a "Meh, it would be cool to have a forced perspective Shrieking Shack in the distance but I can do without it," but all this vociferous outrage in defense of structures representing "interiors of the forest"? What's next, a proposal to insert a generic Tower Hamlets highrise landscape in place of the Ministry of Magic? After all, the MoM is just a sterile administrative office full of meddlesome bureaucrats, right?

Last edited:
It is.

And before you say “Lupin became a Werewolf there!!!” So what? Harry learned he was a Wizard in that house in the middle of nowhere and I don’t see clamoring for that. I also don’t see clamoring for a place like Godric’s Hollow or the cave where the Horcrux Locket was (wouldn’t that be something, and also terrifying). Werewolves could easily just live in the Forest itself. I’m pretty sure during the kids first trip there Malfoy even says that they do.
:thumbsup: Dave (Disneyhead) has been lobbying for a Godric's Hollow for a long time. It could certainly be great mood theming for a hidden corner of the lot.

Godric's Hollow is a scary place -- the site of multiple murders, an attempted murder in the books, and a creepy graveyard.

The Shrieking Shack is kind of scary, but its *surprise* true purpose makes it seem much more innocuous. It's also from arguably the most well-liked book and takes place before the books & movies take a truly dark turn. I'd say it's more appropriate for a family-oriented theme park ride for all of those reasons than Godric's Hollow, even if it's less central to the 'Harry Potter vs Voldemort fight for the Wizarding Universe' story arc.

It's a piece of Hogwarts lore, and I think "visiting Hogwarts" remains the single biggest draw for WWOHP in people's minds, so having major "Hogwarts landmarks" is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.