Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Went on Flight of Passage twice this week. Once on Thursday and once on Friday. Absolutely incredible ride. Loved it. Honestly Top 3 favorite ride in Disney behind Space Mountain and Tower of Terror. I looked behind me and was amazed with what we were actually doing with little drops and turns and what not. Such a smooth and immersive ride. But you definitely gotta get seat 7,8,9, or 10. The other ones you can see the screen curve and doesn’t feel like your really in the action.
On Thursday we waited 85 minutes with a 120 posted wait time and on Friday I waited 60 minutes ( 1 HOUR!!!!!) with a 120 minute wait time posted. Moved like forbidden Journey’s line. 12-1 is the best time to go imo
But my god. That last room and long hallway are the worst. They will let a ration of like 30:4 fast passers go through to standby. They would be letting a group in standby go every 30 seconds while letting fast passers just fill up all the rows. They need to work on that!!!!! Fast pass people can wait 10 minutes!!!!

I’ve gotta disagree on the seat comment. I rode yesterday in seat 14, and I had no curvature/distortion issues whatsoever. It helps that the camera moves like a bird (for obvious reasons) rather than a helicopter, keeping the focus on the ever-shifting guide rather than the dead center of the screen.

I also had a shorter than expected wait time, though. It was posted at 120, and we were on and off the ride in an hour and forty five minutes.

Reactions: Alicia
The first few hundred people each day go straight thru FastPass and miss the standby queue. It’s a big drawback to being there early, I wish they’d stop it.

Agreed. I'm trying to figure out what the cut-off point is - it'd be great to be one of the first through the full queue. Are we looking at an hour wait then, though?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
According to touringplans, Flight of Passage and Na'vi River Journey have been down all day, weird :eek:O:
Yea, not cool! I hope they fix the issue. Glad I didn't end up going today, and I had a FoP FastPass. I learned it was down when I got the email saying I could ride any other ride in Disney as a replacement (except Frozen, of course.)

I feel bad for all those people who made the trip and planned on visiting those attractions just to find them closed.
Flight of Passage is open, in a somewhat limited capacity however. FoP was only closed the first day. Navi River Journey however has yet to reopen.

Users are receiving a specialized message from the park's VP in the app about it today, so you know management feels bad:

This is nuts, I’d love to know more about the issues and challenges with the dual show building and why NRJ is closed.
Someone, somewhere (IU? Twitter?) mentioned it was something about the fire alarms.

Whatever it is, it can’t be the ride systems. That leaves structural issues, water, ventilation, electricity, etc, etc.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit