Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 320 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Still seems odd there's no big fanfare regarding the opening?
Not odd at all and I think this was very smart to just open it quietly.

Everyone kept saying "the GP will like it," but that hasn't panned out. A glance at the comments sections of the official blog and facebook page prove the negativity isn't just limited to us forum posters. It's a dud. They know it's a dud. Everyone knows it's a dud. Glad to see they are opening it and moving on quickly without weeks more of hype.

So it’s open time to announce another project?

When will FF get the boot for something better? Probably will last 10 years right?

1.) If anything is announced, I don't think we should be looking at a huge attraction, but perhaps something small, but significant enough to justify announcing, like Lagoon or JW River Adventure. If I had to guess, Lagoon will be probably announced next.

2.) It depends on how reliable the franchise is, as I think it'll last more than ten..

1.) If anything is announced, I don't think we should be looking at a huge attraction, but perhaps something small, but significant enough to justify announcing, like Lagoon or JW River Adventure. If I had to guess, Lagoon will be probably announced next.

2.) It depends on how reliable the franchise is, as I think it'll last more than ten..
That’s unfortunate. I enjoy the movies and they make a ton of money. Just seems like a lot of space for a bad ride.

I just don't understand the logic here. I know Disaster was "falling apart", but why did they replace it with the a clone of a low rated attraction that nobody likes from another park. I know it's "cheap" by theme park standards, but it seems like it would have been smarter to think long term and replace it with something that actually had potential to be well received, even if it took a bit longer and some extra $$$. I'm certain there are Imagineers (not sure what the Uni term for them is) who are who have tons of more engaging, and unique rides that could have taken it's place.

I just don't understand the logic here. I know Disaster was "falling apart", but why did they replace it with the a clone of a low rated attraction that nobody likes from another park. I know it's "cheap" by theme park standards, but it seems like it would have been smarter to think long term and replace it with something that actually had potential to be well received, even if it took a bit longer and some extra $$$. I'm certain there are Imagineers (not sure what the Uni term for them is) who are who have tons of more engaging, and unique rides that could have taken it's place.

I guess, in theory, it'd be easier for them to clone something that would take less money away from other projects, than that of giving time for the attraction, but cutting other's potential.

Also, from the Blog, they will have a event on the 2nd, with some of the actors of the films..

I don't think the actors from F&F have the talent or creativity to convince people that this ride is going to be anything other than what it is.

This is what really gets me about this project as well, I can't understand why they thought it was a good idea. Leaving disaster to rot away and pulling it down for something more deserving in 5 years would have been more favourable than this.

My best guess as to why this exists is because at some point, Universal miscalculated something and realised that 2018 was going to be a year without a new ride and panicked.

Reactions: belloq87 and jrn14
There are a lot of theories about how/why this actually got built the way it did. Most revolve around firm "build this" coming from upper level executives who were only interested in making sure the parks had synergy with Universal properties. Both this and the Bourne stunt show are responses to that. Someone also mentioned UC wanted more money to "plus" the attraction and got shot down. I actually find that hard to believe with the way Comcast has been spending money on the parks lately. There has been no indication that they would be cheap like that.

My money is on a top-down directive to put Fast & Furious into the park as quickly as possible combined with lower level executives and Universal Creative being too chicken to be honest about the major flaws from Hollywood and fight for a better attraction.

Reactions: jrn14
It was always the plan to bring the ride here after Hollywood. The actors knew it when they filmed their original footage and accidentally said so in an interview, spilling the beans way too early about Orlando getting it.

This one probably came down to executives making a decision and Universal Creative having no choice in the matter. (Bringing Guardians of the Galaxy to the Tower of Terror comes to mind as what I assume is a similar scenario for Disney Imagineers.) They make the best of it and move on.

I'm sure someone in power was like, hey we have a billion dollar franchise, let's give that a presence at the parks! Perhaps the powers that be just wanted to justify having to pay the actors a lot of money to shoot the thing and get double use out of it, who knows? But hopefully this marks the end of us getting tram tour 360 segment clones for a looong time!

It was always the plan to bring the ride here after Hollywood. The actors knew it when they filmed their original footage and accidentally said so in an interview, spilling the beans way too early about Orlando getting it.

This one probably came down to executives making a decision and Universal Creative having no choice in the matter. (Bringing Guardians of the Galaxy to the Tower of Terror comes to mind as what I assume is a similar scenario for Disney Imagineers.) They make the best of it and move on.

I'm sure someone in power was like, hey we have a billion dollar franchise, let's give that a presence at the parks! Perhaps the powers that be just wanted to justify having to pay the actors a lot of money to shoot the thing and get double use out of it, who knows? But hopefully this marks the end of us getting tram tour 360 segment clones for a looong time!

But the REALLY puzzling part is the lack of any real changes made to the worst aspects of the Hollywood tram segment. For example, not changing the pacing of the Musion scene so it would act like less of a pre-show since we already have two before the ride, etc. It just seems like they had so many years after the original debuted to at least fix the flaws. I understand it was always the plan to bring it here but lord knows Universal takes "plans" and throws them directly into the trash 10 times a year and starts over all the time. It's funny that the ONE "plan" they should have ditched is the one they stuck with.

I don't think this is similar to Guardians at all. Disney pulled off something incredible, they managed to make a great ride (Personally, I think it's better than ToT) within the constraints of an old ride plus have every Disney fan hate them while doing so.

Universal could have literally done anything here after they levelled the ground but decided to copy a crappy segment of a studio tour.

I don't think this is similar to Guardians at all. Disney pulled off something incredible, they managed to make a great ride (Personally, I think it's better than ToT) within the constraints of an old ride plus have every Disney fan hate them while doing so.

Universal could have literally done anything here after they levelled the ground but decided to copy a crappy segment of a studio tour.
Agreed that Guardians came out better. I didn't say one wasn't good and the other wasn't, just that this feels like a case where they had no choice in doing an attraction. Rather than the Imagineers/Creative team coming up with an idea and pitching it to upper level for approval, seems like it was the other way around in these cases.

"The general public will like it guys!!!!!"

I couldn't even find ONE positive comment in response to the official tweet that the ride is open from people who rode it.

I found 2 positive comments on the FB post. Most people were saying that everyone that’s looking forward to riding should visit the AP group first and see what everyone has to say there.

Popular phrases seemed to be “3 out of 10,” “disappointing lesser version of Kong,” and “should’ve been a faster version of a Test Track or a roller coaster.”

I found 2 positive comments on the FB post. Most people were saying that everyone that’s looking forward to riding should visit the AP group first and see what everyone has to say there.

Popular phrases seemed to be “3 out of 10,” “disappointing lesser version of Kong,” and “should’ve been a faster version of a Test Track or a roller coaster.”
Yep, as much as the AP group has been negative recently Universal deserves to get trashed for this attraction...They know better, they do better