Remy's Ratatouille Adventure | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Back on track, this attraction is something I'm looking forward to. Normally when I go to Epcot I simply walk past France. The movie is awful and ridiculously old.

Back on track, this attraction is something I'm looking forward to. Normally when I go to Epcot I simply walk past France. The movie is awful and ridiculously old.
Supposedly the movie is getting some sort of update. I would love a totally new one but I don’t trust Disney not to CGI it like they did to Soarin’. Impressions de France is actually pretty good, just old.

Last edited:
One of the things I like most about Impressions is that it's old, a leftover from a different (better) time in Epcot's history. If it's eventually getting refreshed, I hope Disney doesn't botch it.

Re: that view of the showbuilding from across the lagoon... are we assuming the building is going to be themed on the side facing the lagoon, or will more foliage be added to cover it up? It seems quite a bit of the foliage buffer has been removed to facilitate the construction, and I would hope they'll add back as much of the lost density as they can.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I held a Walt Disney World annual pass for many many years and only went to it twice ever. I would like to see anything else replace it.
We're getting an entire new ride tat is an expansion of the pavilion... not all things need to die because they're old. IDF if a beautifully shot piece of art and is a remnant of EPCOT Center. Maybe a new voice over if they want to change something, but for the most part, the film still aligns with what you see in modern day Paris.

Reactions: mainejeff
One of the things I like most about Impressions is that it's old, a leftover from a different (better) time in Epcot's history. If it's eventually getting refreshed, I hope Disney doesn't botch it.

Re: that view of the showbuilding from across the lagoon... are we assuming the building is going to be themed on the side facing the lagoon, or will more foliage be added to cover it up? It seems quite a bit of the foliage buffer has been removed to facilitate the construction, and I would hope they'll add back as much of the lost density as they can.
Yea I think more trees will be placed there. They’ll probably paint that side to look not boring/ugly as well in case it’s visible. But I expect trees. It’s hardly noticeable when you’re on that side of the lagoon. Only really clearly visible from across the lagoon looking toward it. It’s farther back away from the path that it appears in photos.

Reactions: belloq87

So you simply walk past the best bread, pastries & ice cream in Epcot? Also...love the movie & especially the music. France is by far one of the best pavilions.

Reactions: belloq87
Yea I think more trees will be placed there. They’ll probably paint that side to look not boring/ugly as well in case it’s visible. But I expect trees. It’s hardly noticeable when you’re on that side of the lagoon. Only really clearly visible from across the lagoon looking toward it. It’s farther back away from the path that it appears in photos.
If they theme that side of the building, it will likely be done in how they are putting the picket fence onto the TSMM soundstages. Theme the top where it’s noticeable, hide the rest with trees and maybe paint it green.

Reactions: belloq87 and Alicia