Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone have an idea on budget for this? World of Color was 75 mill and Longwood Gardens fountains more recently were 90 mill. Cost would be a possible indicator of how many fountains we could see.

Does anyone have an idea on budget for this? World of Color was 75 mill and Longwood Gardens fountains more recently were 90 mill. Cost would be a possible indicator of how many fountains we could see.

Keep in mind, Universal could Universal the budget, making it albeit lower than what we are expecting.

Although, given the level of commitment of this project, I am guessing somewhere around the 70-86 scale, mainly if they go full on with Projection Mapping with this show along with mist fans.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Anyone have any idea what Cinemagic cost Universal. that was only 5 years ago, so that would be a good starting point on costs. I'd guess this will be somewhat better, but we do know Universal is pretty good at keeping costs reasonable. I certainly wouldn't use Disney costs as comparison points.

"It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood".....Fred Rogers

Because to make a good show of this nature, you absolutely need a dedicated viewing angle. They tried to do a show using the entire lagoon the last two times and they were both horrible failures.
Yup. Operationally, i also think it’s smart to have a show that will draw guests to the front half of the park at closing, away from F&F/Diagon/MoM(?).

Yup. Operationally, i also think it’s smart to have a show that will draw guests to the front half of the park at closing, away from F&F/Diagon/MoM(?).
Good point. In the first couple of years of Cinemagic, most of the crowd was in the front sections of the lagoon. But once Diagon opened, it seems the masses gravitated back to the London area.

Because to make a good show of this nature, you absolutely need a dedicated viewing angle. They tried to do a show using the entire lagoon the last two times and they were both horrible failures.

That's a good point. I totally get having a dedicated viewing angle, which will offer a better show than from any other viewing area around the lagoon for previous shows. I do wish that was the only angle, tho. Unfortunately you'll also be able to watch the show from the sides, and from behind, and from far away at the back of the park... but I guess something's gotta give. They've tried lagoon-wide shows before and here we are.

That also makes sense.

That's a good point. I totally get having a dedicated viewing angle, which will offer a better show than from any other viewing area around the lagoon for previous shows. I do wish that was the only angle, tho. Unfortunately you'll also be able to watch the show from the sides, and from behind, and from far away at the back of the park... but I guess something's gotta give. They've tried lagoon-wide shows before and here we are.

That also makes sense.

I assume it'll be much like WoC. Dedicated viewing area that show is designed to be viewed from, but can watch it from other areas resulting in a less than stellar perception of the show.

I'm surprised they are, seemingly, not going to include the viewing areas near Duff Gardens and Lombard's. Seems like a waste of prime space, especially if you want to do an upcharge dinner package...
The upstairs of Lombard's should give an excellent view still and it could be used as an upcharge area, as it was for CineSpec.

I think there will be more fireworks than most are expecting

Even then, I agree, there’s 0 chance they get this ready by their deadline. Idk why it took so long to get started if they want this done befor August
I could see this debuting close to when Aventura opens tbh. Universal could hold a media event for the two and boom, you've already got something new to promote this year that isn't F&F.

Last edited:
Woah. Really? That seems almost impossible with the current look of the construction.

It really depends on what's actually getting built. Even if it was something mega, they could have large pieces assembled in one of the soundstages of backstage. I think this has the making of a project that seems like it's taking forever and then suddenly within a week, it will be complete.

Regarding the timeline: mostly everything can be preprogrammed, rehearsed (if needed), etc before construction is complete. They’re working off renderings and drawings that will allow very precise and pre-planned placement of any cannons, mortar tubes, lights, projections, etc. They can even virtually run the show on a computer and see how it will look at certain vantage points. I’m 100% sure almost everything is preplanned and this will be very close to plug and play once construction wraps.
The staging is moving quickly and the construction in the park isn’t elaborate or heavy. I don’t see why they wouldn’t hit their target date.

I assume it'll be much like WoC. Dedicated viewing area that show is designed to be viewed from, but can watch it from other areas resulting in a less than stellar perception of the show.

Yea, that's the gist I'm getting.

The upstairs of Lombard's should give an excellent view still and it could be used as an upcharge area, as it was for CineSpec.

I've never been up there, would you be able to see the pyro from that location? I just don't know if they'd upcharge a significantly worse viewing location.

Yea, that's the gist I'm getting.

I've never been up there, would you be able to see the pyro from that location? I just don't know if they'd upcharge a significantly worse viewing location.
I would think it would be more viable to have a VIP dinner at La Bamaba then walk the group over to a special reserved seating location in the viewing spot

So, do we expect them to run out at the last moment and bolt things to these platforms? Are there hinges that will open up parts of the platforms for things to rise up from? Why oh why do they require so much finished surface area? Might performers wade out onto the platforms and do grand and flashy things? I hope that I am not the only one baffled by this.

So, do we expect them to run out at the last moment and bolt things to these platforms? Are there hinges that will open up parts of the platforms for things to rise up from? Why oh why do they require so much finished surface area? Might performers wade out onto the platforms and do grand and flashy things? I hope that I am not the only one baffled by this.
Hoses and fountains get attached on the top of platform. Then water level is raised back up submerging platform.

I know the platform is staying and stated so two weeks ago.

However, you are all expecting numerous elaborate fountains to be installed? You think this or does someone on here know this?

Considering Universal’s capabilities, they should title it

World of Pigment

Couple-Celebrating-Holi-Festival-Of-Colors1.jpg

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit