What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting they would replace tidal wave and put it in the section of the park that already has 2 rides next to it (including another big coaster) instead of putting it in the section of the park where the only ride (besides that kiddie ride) is SBNO.

Also the permits say they are just removing the ride and no trees, buildings, or anything else. Just the supports, footers, etc.

That's so weird. Are the planning to reuse the ride path?

What if we get a BGT version of Infinity Falls? I know that we have Congo and all, but that ride is old. It probably won't be around in ten years.

I still think that this new coaster won't go on the Tidal Wave plot, but that's just me.

There’s no coaster in the Jungala area of the park and quite honestly, a skyrocket II would fit well in that area. However, I’m just not convinced that area needs a coaster just yet. I really think that the area by Gwazi is in desperate need of a new attraction, akin to what SeaWorld did for the old area around Mako. There needs to be some kind of refresh for that area headlined by a new attraction, because as of my past visits, it’s just been a walkthrough.

I have a hard time believing that BGT wouldn’t put a tiger themed attraction in the Tidal wave plot when its adjacent to the tiger habitat.

The buildings under Tidal Wave have been used for Howl-O-Scream so I imagine they're being kept for that.

The addition of a Skyrocket is not the worst thing. It's still something not available in this area of the country and will be unique to 99% of the Busch Gardens guests. I'm still hoping for something more, but I'll be OK with a Skyrocket. At least they're not just enclosing Sand Serpent...

They haven't announced anything about Summer Nights yet, never mind Bier Fest. It's April, Bier Fest is not until almost September!

SOMETHING'S BREWING AT BUSCH GARDENS....

NEW BEGINNINGS COME FROM OLD TRADITIONS.

WE'LL BE POURING OUT THE DETAILS SOON.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE NEWS ON BREWS.

There’s no coaster in the Jungala area of the park and quite honestly, a skyrocket II would fit well in that area. However, I’m just not convinced that area needs a coaster just yet. I really think that the area by Gwazi is in desperate need of a new attraction, akin to what SeaWorld did for the old area around Mako. There needs to be some kind of refresh for that area headlined by a new attraction, because as of my past visits, it’s just been a walkthrough.

I have a hard time believing that BGT wouldn’t put a tiger themed attraction in the Tidal wave plot when its adjacent to the tiger habitat.
Well, putting a sky rocket II coaster in that spot might be TOO close to the tigers and create some loud noises that they wouldn't like. Besides, Kumba is already near that area, and Kumba's signage features a black jaguar or panther, so another big-cat themed ride so close by would be kind of redundant (Yes, Montu and Sheikra are both bird-themed, but they're far apart).

Plus, that spot where Tidal Wave was is adjacent to the orangutans, not the tigers, so I'd much prefer to see an orangutan-themed water ride.

To be fair, the fact that I didn't even know that Kumba's logo features a large cat, I doubt the average guest would know. It's not like they went out of their way to let the guests know that Kumba is themed to a large cat. Plus, in comparison to Kumba, Sky Rocket II's aren't exactly the loudest coaster. I'm just speaking in terms of relativity when it comes to the Tiger Habitat. It's close enough to that area where it could be apart of Jungala. As much as I'd like to see a new water ride too, I think this plot's got Skyrocket all over it.

Last edited:
To be fair, the fact that I didn't even know that Kumba's logo features a large cat, I doubt the average guest would know. It's not like they went out of their way to let the guests know that Kumba is themed to a large cat. Plus, in comparison to Kumba, Sky Rocket II's aren't exactly the loudest coaster. I'm just speaking in terms of relativity when it comes to the Tiger Habitat. It's close enough to that area where it could be apart of Jungala. As much as I'd like to see a new water ride too, I think this plot's got Skyrocket all over it.
Idk, I just think the Skyrocket is too carnivally of a ride to fit BGT's predominantly African theme. If they do build it, they should put it in Pantopia, where all the park's carnival-type rides are located. It would be a perfect replacement for Scorpion, since Scorpion's old and not many people like it anymore, and should fit just right in Scorpion's footprint.

Removing yet another coaster (BGT lost 2 with Gwazi), will make capacity issues worse. It (Scorpion) still has a line every time I go.
I wasn't saying they had to do that now. Maybe after they reopen Gwazi as an RMC

Last edited:
I like how adamant you are about it, but keep in mind, nothing is confirmed. We will know very soon what is coming I'm sure
Who wouldn't be? RMCs are awesome coasters. If BGT got one, it'd be the only one in Florida, and that should certainly attract coaster enthusiasts and with that, eventually casual theme park visitors would become curious

Last edited:
Who wouldn't be? RMCs are awesome coasters. If BGT got one, it'd be the only one in Florida, and that should certainly attract coaster enthusiasts and with that, eventually casual theme park visitors would become curious
If it isn't that, just be prepared to be disappointed..

I'd rather they save their money and do something larger later than a lame Skyrocket. I don't see how a Skyrocket will really have much ROI. And at the BG parks, that's really important now.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I'd rather they save their money and do something larger later than a lame Skyrocket. I don't see how a Skyrocket will really have much ROI. And at the BG parks, that's really important now.
For sure. Literally just got off Cobra's Curse, and the queue theming is top notch (not Disney level, but still very impressive, at about Universal's level). An RMC with story immersion like that would be fantastic

Last edited: