Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would wonder if they would though, given Universal has partnered with Christie on new Projectors for DWT at Hollywood.

I would wager they are using the old ones as test's, and then installing the new models at a later time.
Nah they wouldn't waste the time. They can model everything in software anyway. They would just install the new stuff.

I was just saying that projection mapping isn't done with the projector. They take a pic of the surface on which the image is to be projected on to from the projector's pov, and then dump it into the animation software. Then they create the animations on that background and then project it onto the surface and calibrate the alignment of the projector(s). The projector doesn't have to be super high tech to do this.

Some shots I took yesterday. More photos can be seen here.

You can see rows of rebar that seem to line up with where the new viewing area railings will go:

P1140759.jpg

P1140801.jpg

The final parts of the platform being installed on left side:

P1140800.jpg

Rows of fountains, as seen from Battery Park:

P1140764.jpg

P1140768.jpg

Close-ups of fountains and effects stuff:

P1140740.jpg

P1140748.jpg

P1140749.jpg

P1140747.jpg

Yikes, they did so much since I was there like a week ago!

P1140770.jpg

Geeez, they start out pointing lasers into peoples faces. Lax laws in Manila?

I wonder if the viewing area in Central Park will be an upcharge? I wouldn’t put it past them.
Those are audience scanning lasers. A type of low power laser that has been around for a while. They are used at tons of clubs and present little risk to people.