Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Dead Exposure: Patient Zero

boooo zombie house booooo seriously im sick of zombies at hhn

To be fair, there's zombies and zombies. You can't tell me The Walking Dead Zombies are the same as the World War Z zombies. Yes, I'm sick of slow, boring zombies from TWD... but zombies are not all bad. Plus, there's really only so many variables of the same creatures or themes one can work with. I'm fine with it. Plus, the 2008 D.E. house was more about the paranoia effect of the ambiance / lighting than about the creatures, and I expect this to be a similar experience based on the approach.

the first Dead Exposure is one of only 3 houses that made me Actually Scream out loud and freak o
ut.
I always know they are people in costumes, houses dont scare me that way because i always know there's a uni actor behind those masks, (I just get startled most of the time or suprised scared, never actually terrified)

I dont know if it was a feeling of claustrophobia or fear of the dark or just the feeling of feeling vulnerable but i vividly remember screaming in this house like a little kid. Specially the one room where there were like 6 zombie mannequins and two actors hiding among them
Also the mirror scare where an actor uses a mirror to scare you really really got me bad. I know that video doesnt look like much but the house was very very nerve wracking to do. Every time I did it something else would freak me out

Yeah but why would they do the catacombs again and not mention them? Even if they weren't incorporating the Catacombs maze, if they are going to take us through the Paris catacombs why wouldn't they just say that?

To stop the uber-fans from showing up opening night with stuffed kittys and combs? Just a theory.

I'm not sure the photography aspect of 18's house will be part of this house's storyline.

Description yesterday alluded to power outages, so agreed--different in-story explanation for same basic effect.

Videos of HHN houses rarely do them justice. The one posted earlier in this thread is no exception.

Here is a slightly better video. With this one, you can get an idea of the sound design, but the darkness aspect still gets lost in translation as the camera can 'see' better in the dark than guests' eyes can. This house was extremely dark and basically only lit by the UV strobes associated with the camera flash throughout.

Oh, and I'm leaning towards the HHN 18 house being set in the 50s. I think I remember some 1950s type props in there and also in the video above take note of how Charlie McPherson (the photographer and protagonist of this story) is dressed in the first room. I'm not sure if we were ever directly told the era the house was set in, however. Are the camera flash noises more modern? Serious question.

I wonder if this one will be part of the lights-on tour, or if it will be too close-quarters like Scarecrow. I really hoped that one was on the walkthrough.

So... is this the first time they’ve released an original(non Icon) house as a stand alone announcement? It’s the first I can think of

If you have ANY interest in Stranger Things, that should be your first. The lines are going to be so bad for that one.
I'm probably going many nights, don't need to hit StrTh opening night, although I might. I just want to do DEPZ first daily so that it will be insanely dark compared to the outside, but this time it'll actually work in its favor.