Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Universal is a a spree to get rid of rides with low customer satisfaction. PF is a great ride, but is short with miserably low capacity and that frustrating height/child restriction. Every time I am there I hear adults wanting to borrow kids to ride it. Taking it out to build part of a better tracked ride would be brilliant.

I love Pteranodon Flyers, but I had suitable children for 4 years. It’s still a miserable queue though and filled with other people’s children. Mine were lovely.

Had a chance to look at the all the pics finally and heres my stab at this. Sorry if its already been discussed too much. I think what were seeing is preliminary site work for a future expansion aka roller coaster per the current rumors. The markings on the flyers signal to me that they are indeed staying but needed to be inspected before site work begins.

If you look at overhead or satellite images of the area i think the next area of concern would be the Raptor encounter and Discovery Center. RE is gonna have to move if a project happens and if you think about it the locations are beyond limited in JP. And even more so limited if theyre building a new ride. So my thought is they move the RE to the least utilized location in all of JP the lower level of the Discovery Center. Doing this brings people into DC and frees up land that is blocking the rest of the unused trike plot.

Final thought with the Pottah coaster opening next and being more of a “family” friendly attraction. I think what we see here is something more of a true thrill ride. We will see as time goes on but from reading peoples thoughts, seeing these photos, and putting together my own guesses I think this area is without a doubt the next area to watch as the year goes on.

Had a chance to look at the all the pics finally and heres my stab at this. Sorry if its already been discussed too much. I think what were seeing is preliminary site work for a future expansion aka roller coaster per the current rumors. The markings on the flyers signal to me that they are indeed staying but needed to be inspected before site work begins.
In other words, you're saying the Flyers supports need to be able to withstand nearby construction? So, they aren't so much on the chopping block, just close enough to coming construction that they need to be taken into account before groundbreaking?

Kinda like the crumbling backstage road that needs work now that the big hole for the drop track show building was dug near the perimeter of the Potter coaster. Heaven forbid the ground get weakened and a Pteranodon Flyer support start to tilt due to ground movement.

Beware the Velociraptor water cannons.

They're Dilophosaurs, but your point is very much still valid. I ran through that area yesterday and just made it without getting my camera squirted by evil children.

It doesn't have to be children. I routinely go back there with my kids and shoot every adult that walks in the lower area square in the back of their neck. Then duck down behind the rocks giggling uncontrollably before they turn around.

If you look at overhead or satellite images of the area i think the next area of concern would be the Raptor encounter and Discovery Center. RE is gonna have to move if a project happens and if you think about it the locations are beyond limited in JP. And even more so limited if theyre building a new ride. So my thought is they move the RE to the least utilized location in all of JP the lower level of the Discovery Center. Doing this brings people into DC and frees up land that is blocking the rest of the unused trike plot.

So PF is staying?

That's good vs losing it and not replacing it with anything in that spot.
It takes up essentially zero footprint and is a great ride for views for those that can ride it.

I know there's no way they could do this- but if they could use those supports for the Mack "King Arthur" coaster- it would be great. Start out with dark ride scenes and end with a tour around Camp Jurassic using the existing supports.

In other words, you're saying the Flyers supports need to be able to withstand nearby construction? So, they aren't so much on the chopping block, just close enough to coming construction that they need to be taken into account before groundbreaking?

Kinda like the crumbling backstage road that needs work now that the big hole for the drop track show building was dug near the perimeter of the Potter coaster. Heaven forbid the ground get weakened and a Pteranodon Flyer support start to tilt due to ground movement.

Its the most plausible theory i can think of. Imo you just dont put those kind of visible markings on supports unless work is happening near bye or your demolishing it. And then you dont check bolts and mark them if your tearing it down or even painting them. To me this just stands out as work is coming and its the biggest clue or sign of an upcoming project we have to go on at the moment.

Next thing is wait for markers to possibly pop up elsewhere and then that will really add fuel to the fire. Also very important for many to remember, when the first markers were spotted for Kong actual ground work didnt begin for months. Its also the only reason im really excited to see markers in JP of any kind cause ive seen many times before they always mean something. Just sometimes its something big and sometimes its not.

Its the most plausible theory i can think of. Imo you just dont put those kind of visible markings on supports unless work is happening near bye or your demolishing it. And then you dont check bolts and mark them if your tearing it down or even painting them. To me this just stands out as work is coming and its the biggest clue or sign of an upcoming project we have to go on at the moment.

Next thing is wait for markers to possibly pop up elsewhere and then that will really add fuel to the fire. Also very important for many to remember, when the first markers were spotted for Kong actual ground work didnt begin for months. Its also the only reason im really excited to see markers in JP of any kind cause ive seen many times before they always mean something. Just sometimes its something big and sometimes its not.
Keep us posted if you hear anything... And I'll hop in my car once again!

Markers on bolts is a standard safety procedure. Those markers could have been there but the check marks on the supports are new. Marks that big and visible are definitely there for a reason. A reason important enough to not worry about it's ruining the theming inside Camp Jurassic.

Correct and exactly what i just said lol

I'm really of two minds about this potential project.

On one hand, I want to see Jurassic Park get some love.

On the other hand, I'm just not an extreme coaster guy, and I think such a thing in JP could potentially stick out badly in what should be a lush, jungle environment.

I'm really of two minds about this potential project.

On one hand, I want to see Jurassic Park get some love.

On the other hand, I'm just not an extreme coaster guy, and I think such a thing in JP could potentially stick out badly in what should be a lush, jungle environment.
Put me down as saying this will in no way be a thrill coaster, but that’s just a gut feeling

Kind of makes me wonder why they cleaned up the dock that is down and across from Hog Head’s patio a few months back.

I’ve got to ask the stupid question: could the markers just be a sign of a large refurb on Flyers? Most coasters seem to have a Hulk-sized refurb where track is replaced. I don’t remember Flyers having one (granted, small coaster)

I’ve got to ask the stupid question: could the markers just be a sign of a large refurb on Flyers? Most coasters seem to have a Hulk-sized refurb where track is replaced. I don’t remember Flyers having one (granted, small coaster)
Anything is possible but to me it seems very unlikely. It has the lightest load of possibly any coaster on the planet. It only carries the harness setup and two people with one of them being a kid. I can't imagine it needing much of a refurb when it has so little stress put on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.