Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

I'm sorry, what does this have to do with the changes coming to CityWalk?
Speaking of, now with Voodoo open I was walking through the shortcut clothing store and couldn't help but think It seems like they could put that space to much greater use. Combined with Fossil they could easily fit a few more restaurants in there. I never see very many people in those stores shopping, so I wonder if they may be eyeing that space with the recent successful string of eateries they've opened?

Speaking of, now with Voodoo open I was walking through the shortcut clothing store and couldn't help but think It seems like they could put that space to much greater use. Combined with Fossil they could easily fit a few more restaurants in there. I never see very many people in those stores shopping, so I wonder if they may be eyeing that space with the recent successful string of eateries they've opened?
I actually bought a purse there last week. And I used to buy watches at Fosdil when I was in high school. It’s okay to have some stores. We already have a lot of new restaurants.

Now, a big Nintendo store I wouldn’t mind taking over the surf shop.

I actually bought a purse there last week. And I used to buy watches at Fosdil when I was in high school. It’s okay to have some stores. We already have a lot of new restaurants.

Yeah I agree it's good to have some variety. When you have all these newer venues though with lines out the doors and/or pretty busy and then look at these stores with either a handful of people in them or just using them as a cut through it's hard to imagine someone at Universal isn't seeing the same thing.

I always figured there was probably one that came before. In my area at the time Marble Slab took off pretty quick and then there were all kinds of new places popping up with slab and stone in their name.
I remember them as well. I think Cold Stone must have bought them because all their old Orlando locations are now Cold Stones.

I bought a watch at Fossil in October lol.... It's a vacation TREAT YO SELF thing for me, so I hope it doesn't close, but I understand why it would.

I bought a watch at Fossil in October lol.... It's a vacation TREAT YO SELF thing for me, so I hope it doesn't close, but I understand why it would.
I was just thinking to myself, does anyone still buy watches?:lol:

I figure between people just using their phones and/or smart watches, traditional watches seem to be more of a luxury/jewelry type thing rather than the necessity for everyone that they used to be.

I figure between people just using their phones and/or smart watches, traditional watches seem to be more of a luxury/jewelry type thing rather than the necessity for everyone that they used to be.

We just had a similar conversation at work. Im one of the few who still wear one, but I just really like having a nice watch. I guess partially it's a vainity thing, but I do also use it instead of pulling out my phone especially when I'm on the go. They do have some NextGen type watches at the Fossil store as well.

Watches are handy for the outdoors. I use them whenever I'm at theme parks, hiking, kayaking, snow skiing, etc. It is easier and oftentimes safer in those circumstances to look at a watch rather than pull out your phone.

Watches are handy for the outdoors. I use them whenever I'm at theme parks, hiking, kayaking, snow skiing, etc. It is easier and oftentimes safer in those circumstances to look at a watch rather than pull out your phone.
Yes for the theme parks too. I have Alene wear one so we are aware of the time. Plus, then she has no excuse to bring her smart phone into the parks and get distracted by calls, texts, and looking at the time. The phone stays locked in the safe unless we're taking photos. I want no distractions of our leisure and fun in the park.

I don't know if it could be a full shop but I would love to see some place carry a good selection of decals and bumper stickers and even regular stickers related to the park and IPs inside. Related posters would be a big plus.

I had to hunt all over both parks to find my Islands of Adventure window decal.

... and defending the galaxy??

I don't know if it could be a full shop but I would love to see some place carry a good selection of decals and bumper stickers and even regular stickers related to the park and IPs inside. Related posters would be a big plus.

I had to hunt all over both parks to find my Islands of Adventure window decal.
I'd love it if they did the travel sticker decals for the PoE trash cans as stickers and pins...

Fossil is basically gone.

If you can find it at your local mall, I don’t think Universal wants it in CityWalk. They’re gunning hard for exclusive experiences.

I think a Nintendo store is a no brainer but I'm conflicted about it being in CityWalk or the parks. A Universal Nintendo store would be huge and attract a ridiculous amount of business but a lot of those people will also be visiting the parks to ride Nintendo so it makes sense to have it inside the parks, especially with exclusive Universal Nintendo merchandise.

Does anybody have any idea what the next logical move for CityWalk is?