Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

I know for a fact something is coming, I have seen a thick set of print's on the bid table of a general contractor I work for a lot with the BG logo.
I will try to get some pics from my friend who did most of the projects during the Busch years.

I would highly say not to risk your friend's job like that.

It's better to be safe than sorry, considering we've had situations here on IU (which, Welcome back BTW) that have been more..problematic in the terms of leaks.

I'm currently at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom waiting for their SkyRocket...it's a SLOW day and I've already been waiting over an hour...and it's broken down about four times today. This is NOT the kind of ride Busch Gardens should build. Terrible capacity.

I'm currently at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom waiting for their SkyRocket...it's a SLOW day and I've already been waiting over an hour...and it's broken down about four times today. This is NOT the kind of ride Busch Gardens should build. Terrible capacity.

Agreed! This ride is made for regional parks, not parks hosting 4 to 5 million people a year.

Were you able to go on the Joker?
If so, what did you think of it?

The SWP&E Skyrockets do have higher capacity than the one at SFDK, although it's still not great.

Low capacity rides simply create more demand for Quick Queue. A pay to cut add on makes more money for the park.

It could also have a reverse effect when a lot of people are waiting in one giant queue instead of being distributed throughout the park.

Daredevil Dive is a low capacity coaster that replace a theater at Six Flags Over Georgia. The cars only hold 6 people. Only the last two or three switchbacks are shaded. Early on I remember riding it with a 45 minute wait. Heard a woman yelling down from the ride "it's not worth the wait!".

It is st best an okay ride. I don't bother unless there's virtually no line.
017.jpg

I rode both the Joker and Superman. Definitely the two best coasters at that park...but at least Joker has a better capacity than Supes.
Nice! I asked because I really like the Joker's layout and vibrant colors, watching it on POV videos on YouTube. It would probably be my favorite RMC if I could visit Discovery Kingdom one day.

And I'm with you on the whole Skyrocket thing. I hope BGT is smart enough to know that a ride like that wouldn't be up to their park's standards, and they build something else. Besides, BGT already has 9 coasters (including Gwazi, if they keep it and turn it into an RMC). I think that's enough coasters. Once it hits the double digits, the park may start to look like Six Flags or some other generic amusement park.

Last edited:
Nice! I asked because I really like the Joker's layout and vibrant colors, watching it on POV videos on YouTube. It would probably be my favorite RMC if I could visit Discovery Kingdom one day.

And I'm with you on the whole Skyrocket thing. I hope BGT is smart enough to know that a ride like that wouldn't be up to their park's standards, and they build something else. Besides, BGT already has 9 coasters (including Gwazi, if they keep it and turn it into an RMC). I think that's enough coasters. Once it hits the double digits, the park may start to look like Six Flags or some other generic amusement park.
I think it's more of a cost issue for them at the moment

I might just settle for SeaWorld. I haven't been on Mako yet. I also haven't been on FF or CC yet though. They're basically equidistant from me, but SeaWorld will be on the way home.

Any advice about what might make one a better AP park than the other? Wait times? Food pricing? I haven't been to SeaWorld in a while.

Last edited:
I might just settle for SeaWorld. I haven't been on Mako yet. I also haven't been on FF or CC yet though. They're basically equidistant from me.

Any advice about what might make one a better AP park than the other? Wait times? Food pricing? I haven't been to SeaWorld in a while.
If you were looking for more rides you definitely want Busch Gardens. If you want to balance of rides and shows and a better atmosphere for the park then go with SeaWorld.

Don't ignore distance. If you can get to One Park more easily and more often than the other then that park might make the most sense for you.