Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of those people that saw the rumors and was disappointed to find out they were not true. However, I am not disappointed in the ride, but rather that it can be closed down due to bad weather. My guess is many others feel the same way.
What weather? That's a little nitpicky. Come on bro. Weather happens. I would hate to be in a park where the weather wasn't a factor. That's like the Edmonton thing, or Minnecrapolis. Or, throwing up in my mouth a little, dooby aye?

Last edited:
I'd expect some to be underwhelmed when we get the actual announcement but this ride will deliver. Gonna be a ton of fun and thats all that matters.
Universal needs an easy win right now...This will hit that mark

My guess is many others feel the same way.
Not really, DD closed down for bad weather, this is replacing that...So in reality, it's as if nothing has changed....We just have a better coaster

What weather? That's a little nitpicky. Come on bro. Weather happens. I would hate to be in a park where the weather wasn't a factor. That's like the Edmonton thing, or Minnecrapolis
Six Flags Over Georgia is 10 minutes away from me. The park pretty much shuts down in bad weather. When I drive 7 hours to go to Orlando I hate for the same thing to happen.

I used to love going to Disney in bad weather since it chased off the crowds. Universal Studios is good about bad weather but IoA is not. Kong was built in so it could bypass the outdoors in bad weather. I thought I had heard that Universal was going to lean more towards indoor attractions at Islands of Adventure. There's my disappointment.

The water rides and outside coasters in Central Florida cannot run if lightning is within the area, 10 mile or 5 mile radius, depending on the ride or park.

Honestly, anyone that thinks building it outdoors was a good idea is ludicrous. Just another ride in IOA that shuts down everyday due to weather. They should have built a highly themed coaster indoors. There are like 4 rides that remain open in IOA when the weather turns.

Honestly, anyone that thinks building it outdoors was a good idea is ludicrous. Just another ride in IOA that shuts down everyday due to weather. They should have built a highly themed coaster indoors. There are like 4 rides that remain open in IOA when the weather turns.
I wouldn’t say it’s another ride that’s outdoors. It is replacing an outdoor ride that closed on the same plot of land. Kong was the most recent full addition to the park and they built in a method to skip the outdoor section in cases of inclement weather.

I agree there is an imbalance of outdoor attraction attractions at the park, but not one that is growing with this new ride. Plus, the last major Potter ride was an indoor coaster, so I can see them wanting to do something new. I’m excited to see what a heavily themed outdoor coaster from Universal would be like, because it’s an entirely new ride type for them. They’ve done heavily themed inside coasters. They’ve done lightly themed outdoor coasters. This is new.

Out of curiosity, will they shade the Outdoor portions to allow it to run, even with inclined weather?
I believe only 1 scene will be covered with an actual roof of some sort, (besides the 3 buildings.) It’s an outdoor coaster, and most of it will be open to the elements. It will likely run in the rain, just not if lighting is in the area, same as other outside coasters.

As an European guest from the Netherlands (bad weather country nr1) I would hate to have a lot of rides in buildings. I remember being the first time in EPCOT Center. I was excited to see the palm trees and enjoy the beautiful weather but I was stuck in a gazillion movie theaters and buildings. Yes it will rain, the park will clean out and an hour later the sun is out again. It's not that it rains full days like here.

Yeah you may feel strongly about this but you’re one of the only ones. Why would you want another indoor themed coaster, when you can have something they’ve never done before? Plus it’s in the forbidden forest which last time I checked wasn’t indoors.

Sure they need more indoor stuff at IOA I’m not disputing that, but to change their vision and alter a rides plan just for the reason of planning against inclement weather only is not the right way to build attractions.

Sure if it being indoors would make it a better ride and have the extra benefit of it not closing due to weather then fair enough. But inclement weather is not a good enough reason on its own to put a ride inside, especially when you can do something new and unique, while making it feel real.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe I ever thought it would be a B&M. I was leaning strongly towards a Dynamic Attractions SFX Coaster though.
If memory serves me right, the idea it might be a B&M was mentioned when it was thought Dragon Challenge would get a Hulk style makeover. Of course, so much has changed since then, hard to keep track of things lol.

Never thought we would reach a point where people are disappointed in a new ride cause it will close for inclement weather lol.

Honestly, just curiosity gets to me, considering that some parks are having canopies over their coasters.

That said, Inclement weather for theme parks, is a blessing and a curse. It just depends on what park though your at.

What excites me about this coaster, is the amount of thematic potential that we may have for this. And if that means Inclement Weather gets around the bush every-so-often, then that's not a problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.