Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

Yeah I feel like there are a lot of casual, fun, well themed but delicious places in City Walk already so I wouldn't mind this one staying a bit more upscale. I think with people extending their stays a lot of people might want one "fancy" night out. I think a lot of people want that on a longer vacation.

Yeah I feel like there are a lot of casual, fun, well themed but delicious places in City Walk already so I wouldn't mind this one staying a bit more upscale. I think with people extending their stays a lot of people might want one "fancy" night out. I think a lot of people want that on a longer vacation.
Yes, diversity is good. I'd rather have a mix of restaurant levels than all of them on the same culinary level, minus menu and theme differences. With so many hotel rooms now, CitiWalk is a different animal. Universal needs to cater to all the divergent tastes of those big hotel based spenders.

I'd love to see Alain Ducasse running the kitchen there but regarding the proud picky eaters we'll end up with something resembling fried crap and burgers.

And let's not forget UOR only has 4 Signature Restaurants and they just lost 2 of them. They really need at least 4 Signature Restaurants. And having one of them in CityWalk makes sense.

It's needed for the convention crowd staying on site.

Recent additions have matched up with popular, profitable restaurant ideas or filling in holes in the line up.

Antojitos -> Mexican
Hot Dog & Breadbox -> counter service
Vivo -> modern Italian/fresh ingredients
Red Oven -> Quick Pizza
Cowfish -> Quirky gourmet burger place
NBC Grill Brew -> YardHouse
Toothsome -> Cheesecake Factory

So Emeril's and Tchoup Chop would fill in for higher end Florida cuisine with fresh seafoods and steaks (similar to Boathouse or Homecomin' and DS) and Chinese/South Pacific focus in Royal Pacific (similar to PF Changs, tiki bars, etc).

Emeril's happy hour is the best kept secret on CW. Half price drinks and $5 small plates that are very tasty. White linen service at the bar - what's not to like?
Yea this is extremely dissapointing as I believe that will be it for any happy hour existing at City Walk. Am surprised because I was told by an employee at Emeril's that they had renewed their lease long term some time a year or two ago. As I believe I stated Comcast has been all about owning as much as they can in City Walk so they have controll over offerings/pricing so in that regard this isn't surprising.

Recent additions have matched up with popular, profitable restaurant ideas or filling in holes in the line up.

Antojitos -> Mexican
Red Oven -> Quick Pizza

So Emeril's and Tchoup Chop would fill in for higher end Florida cuisine with fresh seafoods and steaks (similar to Boathouse or Homecomin' and DS) and Chinese/South Pacific focus in Royal Pacific (similar to PF Changs, tiki bars, etc).
P.F. Chang's and I'm there all the time

I would love a PF Chang’s they could even add on a Pei Wei to it to offer something a little more quick service like.

P.F. Chang's and I'm there all the time

PF Changs is decent, but it's certainly not high end signature level. More kind of mid level.

I would love a PF Chang’s they could even add on a Pei Wei to it to offer something a little more quick service like.

That's... not what I'm saying? They're finding holes and patching them with their own concepts. So I see them co-opting popular chains for their use. I compared NBC Grill Brew to YardHouse, for example.

That's... not what I'm saying? They're finding holes and patching them with their own concepts. So I see them co-opting popular chains for their use. I compared NBC Grill Brew to YardHouse, for example.
I would definitely welcome a Universal version of PF Chang’s and Pei Wei!

Antojitos -> Mexican
Red Oven -> Quick Pizza

To echo what @JungleSkip said on Twitter, decent steakhouse (think Ruth's Chris or Mortons) conspicuously absent on that list.