Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 329 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, other than it being a terrible movie that is a pale imitation of JP except this time with cardboard leads that are phoning it in and none of the wonder and grandeur of the original? It's supremely ugly, changes its own rules constantly, and offers nothing outside of the brief nostalgia moments it exploits cheaply.
You just described how I feel about the new Star Wars movies.

The first Jurassic Park movie had a wonder to it that I don't think will ever be duplicated. Having said that, I thought JW was a very entertaining movie

Don’t you always say the bad movie doesn’t necessarily translate to bad ride?

My distaste for this has nothing to do with me thinking this will be bad/good, and just the mere fact they're replacing JP with JW.:lol:

Some of the stuff they talk about in the press release worries me because I'm not convinced they can pull the stuff off convincingly, but the redo will probably be "fine".

Outside the atrocity of replacing JP with JW, of course.

My distaste for this has nothing to do with me thinking this will be bad/good, and just the mere fact they're replacing JP with JW.:lol:

Some of the stuff they talk about in the press release worries me because I'm not convinced they can pull the stuff off convincingly, but the redo will probably be "fine".

Outside the atrocity of replacing JP with JW, of course.

Fair.

I personally don't get the outcry. It's not like they are completely gutting/demolishing the ride we love.

We'll still have the boat ride doing the same things it did before - just with some additions, a blue color scheme, and World instead of Park. At the end of the day, we're still escaping the wrath of dinos.

We'll still have the boat ride doing the same things it did before - just with some additions, a blue color scheme, and World instead of Park. At the end of the day, we're still escaping the wrath of dinos.

I'll put it this way: The T-Rex vs I-Rex at the top of the drop, at least as I read the way they put it in the press release, sounds like a huge step down from the terrific build of anticipation as we approach the T-Rex in the current version. And I don't think there's a remotely satisfying way to represent the Moso in a ride like this, but we'll see.

I think this will turn out fine, but I'm not convinced it'll be an upgrade.

I mean, other than it being a terrible movie that is a pale imitation of JP except this time with cardboard leads that are phoning it in and none of the wonder and grandeur of the original? It's supremely ugly, changes its own rules constantly, and offers nothing outside of the brief nostalgia moments it exploits cheaply.
I completely disagree with that. I really liked that movie.

Reactions: Mike S
He’s a Last Jedi apologist. Get out while you can Brian!

I mean yea, THE LAST JEDI does everything right while JW does everything wrong.

Unpopular opinion, but I think Dinosaur at AK is far better than JPRA. To be fair to JPRA, I think it's the best ride at Disney World (VERY unpopular opinion).

They do things very differently. JPRA succeeds in giving you the scale of what JP would really look like. I like Dinosaur a lot, but it feels a bit too closed in, and there's not much scenery through most of the ride

They do things very differently. JPRA succeeds in giving you the scale of what JP would really look like. I like Dinosaur a lot, but it feels a bit too closed in, and there's not much scenery through most of the ride
Yes I agree. Dinosaur at AK is one of WDW's better rides BUT JPRA is a few notches better. And not much can beat the ride entrance through the gates with that great music AND the JPRA ending is much better than the ending on Dinosaur.

Dinosaur obviously gets a ton of complaints for not feeling "detailed" enough, which I can understand, but to me the darkness works to its advantage. It feels like an HHN house--a very scary one--so I love it.

Reactions: Ryno27
DINOSAUR is a pretty interesting inverse of River Adventure, when you think about it.

River Adventure has great set design and attention to detail and yet most of the dinosaur AAs themselves are pretty lackluster. DINOSAUR (on a good day anyway) has solid and fluid dinosaur AAs but there's not a whole lot going on with its set design, especially since everything is so dark.

I love both rides, but I will say, I at least don't have to worry riding DINOSAUR knowing that there's gonna be an 80 foot drop at the end, lol.

Some may consider this sacrilegious but I’m starting to think the Mosasaur will be replacing the Ultrasaur. It’s the widest water area of the ride and they wouldn’t even need a full body. Have a swimming shark a la Jaws and do the same thing for the Mosasaur but obviously much bigger. Imply that it’s mostly underwater and there you go.

To be honest, I also wish it will stay Jurassic Park, as its aesthetics are better suited. Jurassic World is too busy and hyper, and IOA has enough of that, the original Jurassic park is more earthy and subdued, more intimate as well. As for the movies, I did not dislike Jurassic World, but it was a lot of flash with little real substance; Jurassic Park on the other hand had real story and had some philosophy to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.