Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how the Florida folks are super cynical about it. C’mon, this ride is in REALLY bad shape. This will be an improvement. It’s not like Vin Diesel is going to pop out of the waterfall yelling “hit the nitrix!” While holding onto a toy helicopter.

The ride may be in bad shape, but considering Hollywood's is the superior version, all they needed to do is a major refurb to bring it back in good shape.

However with what they're doing, there is a chance it'll be a downgrade of what it once was. An' considering the attractions in Flordia which have been downgraded/replaced with inferior versions... (Alien Encounter to SGE, SSE, Imagination etc.), I can't blame the Florida folks for being skeptical. An' this is not like DCA's ToT to Mission: Breakout, for that was a inferior version of a ride getting turned into something that works. Once again, HW's JP is the superior version, so there's a chance it could get brought down rather then improved.

Reactions: Sydney and smoaT
So same ride path as before? It will be interesting to see how they do the transition from tour to dino attacks.

I won’t mind a few screens/projections, but keep and maintain some new animatronics please. Uni has been better lately (at least in Florida) of taking care of newer figures.

Also to anyone who doesn’t like this, remember that JP hasn’t been in great shape for years on both coasts. 90% of the dinos are laughable and the indoor portion isn’t nearly as terrifying as it used to or could be today. I for one am excited to see the changes, just as long as Chris Pratt and Co. don’t show up with Blue.

Also to anyone who doesn’t like this, remember that JP hasn’t been in great shape for years on both coasts. 90% of the dinos are laughable and the indoor portion isn’t nearly as terrifying as it used to or could be today. I for one am excited to see the changes, just as long as Chris Pratt and Co. don’t show up with Blue.

It may be fair to bring up that quite a few of the dinosaurs are gone, badly in shape, and with various effects either turned off or not working as it should.

It's hilarious to see how bad the shape of the attraction is now, and that I completely agree with everything said.

My thoughts for screens, is that I only see them in the Indoor Portion, and if they are, it won't be traditional screens and will require the building to be gutted to accommodate changes.

I do think the T-Rex at the end is staying, but a part of me wouldn't be shocked if the T-Rex surprises you from the side, as the I-Rex takes over the T-Rex's spot.

As for the Mosasaurus, if it's outside, I can only see it practical. The only way I can see it indoors, is if they are enclosing the ride from the point to Stegosaurus Springs to the second lift, but I don't see that at all.

Reactions: Ryno27
It may be fair to bring up that quite a few of the dinosaurs are gone, badly in shape, and with various effects either turned off or not working as it should.

It's hilarious to see how bad the shape of the attraction is now, and that I completely agree with everything said.

My thoughts for screens, is that I only see them in the Indoor Portion, and if they are, it won't be traditional screens and will require the building to be gutted to accommodate changes.

I do think the T-Rex at the end is staying, but a part of me wouldn't be shocked if the T-Rex surprises you from the side, as the I-Rex takes over the T-Rex's spot.

As for the Mosasaurus, if it's outside, I can only see it practical. The only way I can see it indoors, is if they are enclosing the ride from the point to Stegosaurus Springs to the second lift, but I don't see that at all.
I don't think they are going to add any new locations for the dinosaurs. The building was designed to support those exactly where they are.

There are no projectors on the market today that can run outdoors in full daylight (and have a bright clear image), none. Any screenz would have to be LED and outdoor rated which would look terrible. If we do get screens they'll be inside the hill life. With that said I could see them extending the hill lift building to where the falling car is.

uar.jpg

Last edited:
Very excited about this announcement.

Honestly, how can this not be an upgrade? The current dinosaurs are just.....pathetic.

The ONLY way Universal screws this up is by replacing the dinos with screenz and I do NOT see that happening! Maybe they add some screenz to complement certain areas, but not as a replacement of AA's, rather an enhancer of the background.

Obviously the big question is what they do with Mosasaurus. I feel like people will EXPECT this beast to appear. I just don't see how they can pull it off with a screen, especially outside. That would be super lame. At lease have part of the animal appear, like the mouth or something trying to eat the raft.

Woah, I didn't realize how huge this new T-Rex will be.... This is going to be interesting... (The current one is 20ft. while the new one will be 50 :bigeye:)

Very excited about this announcement.

Honestly, how can this not be an upgrade? The current dinosaurs are just.....pathetic.

The ONLY way Universal screws this up is by replacing the dinos with screenz and I do NOT see that happening! Maybe they add some screenz to complement certain areas, but not as a replacement of AA's, rather an enhancer of the background.

Obviously the big question is what they do with Mosasaurus. I feel like people will EXPECT this beast to appear. I just don't see how they can pull it off with a screen, especially outside. That would be super lame. At lease have part of the animal appear, like the mouth or something trying to eat the raft.
Agreed. There's going to be AAs. Adding screens to compliment the scenes inside are expected and I don't mind. I think the only reason Florida folks are bashing this is because they're salty about not getting this. The ride is in such abysmal state it's embarrassing. I don't care if you liked JW or not, anything is an upgrade.

Jeez, I didn't realize how huge this new t-rex will be.... This will be interesting... (The current one is 20ft. while the new one will be 50 :bigeye:)
Wait, what? Where'd you hear this?

if they turn what was once a heavily AA attraction into a heavily screen attraction, I'll be pretty upset.

I can’t imagine them removing AAs and replacing them with screens. More like screens in the background and maybe an addition of one or two- but I wouldn’t fear any loss of AAs.

Agreed. There's going to be AAs. Adding screens to compliment the scenes inside are expected and I don't mind. I think the only reason Florida folks are bashing this is because they're salty about not getting this. The ride is in such abysmal state it's embarrassing. I don't care if you liked JW or not, anything is an upgrade.

Wait, what? Where'd you hear this?

20 ft. Reference- Jurassic Park: The Ride - theStudioTour.com

"TYRANNOSAURUS REX – Final plunge – 20 feet tall"

50 ft. Reference (Inside Universal)- Jurassic World ride is coming to Universal Studios Hollywood | Inside Universal

" Be prepared when a 50-foot Tyrannosaurs rex comes to your rescue… right before your final plunge down a treacherous 84-foot waterfall."

Reactions: Ryno27 and Paulio
20 ft. Reference- Jurassic Park: The Ride - theStudioTour.com

"TYRANNOSAURUS REX – Final plunge – 20 feet tall"

50 ft. Reference (Inside Universal)- Jurassic World ride is coming to Universal Studios Hollywood | Inside Universal

" Be prepared when a 50-foot Tyrannosaurs rex comes to your rescue… right before your final plunge down a treacherous 84-foot waterfall."
Eh....sound like PR talk. I seriously doubt they'll replace the whole thing as they installed that AA with a helicopter back when they were building it. I can see them reusing the mechanism and rebuilding the AA from inside. There's no way it'll be taller.

Eh....sound like PR talk. I seriously doubt they'll replace the whole thing as they installed that AA with a helicopter back when they were building it. I can see them reusing the mechanism and rebuilding the AA from inside. There's no way it'll be taller.
Could very well be....

Well, seems like Creature Technologies has worked with Jurassic World in the past.

Indeed. Universal basically saw the JW exhibit and went, "huh well that could work."

So many insanely salty tears over this because "I didn't like Jurassic World". Usually that's followed up with, "well I mean the parts with the dinos were good... but I didn't like the CGI!" Well good gosh guess what this will be a top-to-bottom damn shiny makeover that will turn one of the worst-looking attractions in the park into its old golden self again. And all of that Chris Pratt/Bryce Dallas Howard drivel you hated? Won't be in here! Don't recall Sam Neill and Laura Dern bickering over having children in the current ride.

As for the final scene, it's a pretty simple one: I-Rex comes at you as that huge AA from the exhibit, peering over some equipment, about to snap-- then the T-Rex comes out roaring and you drop. Pretty neat. The Mossasaurus uh... um... yeah you got me. But if it's screens it's probably one of the rare uses of it. Most of this will be lots and lots of pretty new animatronics and new paint.

The only thing that has me rolling my eyes is the "New Ride!" bull... great, Universal, make everybody's panties go into a twist over a overlay for no reason other than your desperation to advertise a new ride and be mysterious. (the GP doesn't read press releases)

If JW ride does contain some screens, I really hope it's used as the last resort in case something relating to a practical effect. Just take a look at the GOTG ride back up plan when they have to show the Rocket screen clip in case the Rocket animatronics keeps breaking down.

Reactions: Pk3062 and Scott W.
Status
Not open for further replies.