Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

I know it’s Disney but one version of it was Return To Oz that came out in ‘85, I don’t really remember too much of it but it was definitely a weird one.

As for Halloween I think that might be one of the IP’s that’s no longer coming?

I could see it not coming for the sole sake of spoilers, everything about the movie has been very secretive and they’re trying not to leak anything. IMO they already have Stranger Things which will likely drive crowds to a new high, so if a 4/5 split does happen I’m fine with it

I still see Strangers 2 maybe happening if the rights don't cost too much.

If they were to do it I could see it maybe as a SZ even though I really think it could translate into a house better. The movie wasn’t overly successful though and came out in March? which is usually out of their house promotion window. A while back someone said that HHNU may have posted a property coming to HHN28 in a list of wishful IP’s; the only noteworthy ones were NoES 3, Poltergeist, & Killer Klowns. Psycho & Hellraiser were there too but Psycho doesn’t fit the 80’s theme and Hellraiser has rights issues

Over in Hollywood, Murdy keep talking about how most of the IP’s are new. Are the last 2 IP’s new as well?
What do you mean?

I know 9 houses. Four of those houses are IPs. This includes Stranger Things.

I've posted six R&M clues. Two of which are IPs.

4 IP houses - (One known IP + 2 IP Clues so far) = # Remaining IP Clues

I don't know what Hollywood is doing. Really don't care, in general. But if Murdy is saying all of their IPs are new, I can see us sharing all of our houses.

If they were to do it I could see it maybe as a SZ even though I really think it could translate into a house better. The movie wasn’t overly successful though and came out in March? which is usually out of their house promotion window. A while back someone said that HHNU may have posted a property coming to HHN28 in a list of wishful IP’s; the only noteworthy ones were NoES 3, Poltergeist, & Killer Klowns. Psycho & Hellraiser were there too but Psycho doesn’t fit the 80’s theme and Hellraiser has rights issues
Any of these would make me VERY happy.

Remember, though, the 80s theme isn't necessarily happening, just that "the past will haunt" us.

What do you mean?

I know 9 houses. Four of those houses are IPs. This includes Stranger Things.

I've posted six R&M clues. Two of which are IPs.

4 IP houses - (One known IP + 2 IP Clues so far) = # Remaining IP Clues

I don't know what Hollywood is doing. Really don't care, in general. But if Murdy is saying all of their IPs are new, I can see us sharing all of our houses.
If I am interpreting this correctly, then Legacy is saying that all of the Orlando IPs are “new”. Assuming AHS in any form would not be considered new, then Legacy has not heard of AHS returning. I think this has been heavily hinted, but this seems to confirm that.

If I am interpreting this correctly, then Legacy is saying that all of the Orlando IPs are “new”. Assuming AHS in any form would not be considered new, then Legacy has not heard of AHS returning. I think this has been heavily hinted, but this seems to confirm that.

So that rules out TrT too? Or are we only talking "new" in the context of previous houses?

Also probably rules out Alien.

Okay so there’s been a ton of speculation and a lot of wires being crossed, so maybe it’s time to start putting together an IP master list about what’s confirmed/all but confirmed, what’s still possible, and what’s unlikely, and what basically out.

General information:
- 4 IPs
- Chance remaining IPs have never been discussed yet
- No original/IP hybrids
- Note: I’m not basing IP likelihood on shared clues, whether the rights are easy or difficult, etc. It’s more based on the current temperature of each IP on the board.
- There may or may not be some kind of 10th mystery house that’s a complete wild card. Nobody knows anything about it.

Confirmed/Basically Confirmed:
Stranger Things
Trick ‘R Treat

Possible (Pick 1 of 2):
Poltergeist
The Lost Boys

Basically Out:
It
The Thing
Halloween
The Conjuring
George A. Romero Dead Trilogy
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Universal Classic Monsters
The Walking Dead
AHS: Cult
Alien
Army of Darkness
The Purge

If I’m missing anything or have anything in the wrong place please let me know, there’s been a ton of discussion so I’m sure I didn’t catch everything. Other than that, this seems like a good catch up for everyone going forward.

Last edited:
Okay so there’s been a ton of speculation and a lot of wires being crossed, so maybe it’s time to start putting together an IP master list about what’s confirmed/all but confirmed, what’s still possible, and what’s unlikely, and what basically out.

General information:
- 4 IPs
- One of them is likely a best of, but not a mashup.
- Chance remaining IPs have never been discussed yet
- No original/IP hybrids
- Note: I’m not basing IP likelihood on shared clues, whether the rights are easy or difficult, etc. It’s more based on the current temperature of each IP on the board.

Confirmed/Basically Confirmed:
Stranger Things
Trick ‘R Treat

Possible:
Poltergeist
The Lost Boys

Unlikely:
Alien
Army of Darkness
(Same reason, these specific movies are new but tangential franchises have shown up before)
The Purge

Basically Out:
It
The Thing
Halloween
The Conjuring
George A. Romero Dead Trilogy
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Universal Classic Monsters
The Walking Dead
AHS: Cult

If I’m missing anything or have anything in the wrong place please let me know, there’s been a ton of discussion so I’m sure I didn’t catch everything. Other than that, this seems like a good catch up for everyone going forward.
1) Get rid of that “best of” garbage.
2) Shorten the “Possible” list.
3) Take everything in the “Unlikely” category and move them to “Basically Out.”

The only disclaimer is the Mystery House. That could still be anything.

1) Get rid of that “best of” garbage.
2) Shorten the “Possible” list.
3) Take everything in the “Unlikely” category and move them to “Basically Out.”

The only disclaimer is the Mystery House. That could still be anything.

I’ll update the list accordingly. Just a few questions.

1. Did something change with the best of/not best of? Because I basically quoted you on that:
Like Orlando would just "bring over" something from Hollywood like that. That's not really their MO.

EDIT - And I said it's sort of a "best of," not a mashup.

2. Is the mystery house speculation just that there’s an extra codename floating about but only 9 house/locations known? I’m out of the loop on that one.

3. Thanks for the heads up with the Possible group. Is that a new hint, or did I miss one of those being deconfirmed? I’m just trying to nail down all current speculation for everything in one list before adding anything new.