CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Elvis Emeril has left the building.
giphy.gif

It’s not the fanciest of steak places and very likely wouldn’t ever happen in CW, but I would love to see them put a Manny’s in! They’ve been expanding in the area anyways.

The Palm actually does it for me. Shulas is a great Florida gig, but he's at the Dolphin. Not sure that would fly.
Orlando - The Palm
But there's Bubba Gump. Had a sign I believe that says "last food for 25 minutes" like a gas station in Wyoming.

Last edited:
I would think that most people who want to spend $50+ per person on a steak dinner can find their way to The Palm, so I don't feel like a nice steakhouse something missing from the resort. I think whatever they do will have to stay more in the $20-30 entree range like most of the other Citywalk restaurants.

Reactions: JoeCamel

My heart. Nooooo

Emeril's happy hour is the best kept secret on CW. Half price drinks and $5 small plates that are very tasty. White linen service at the bar - what's not to like?
I mentioned this when Tchop Chop got closed down, that they brought the chef over from there over to Emerils City Walk. The menu and food has gotten much better. The guy is a ridiculous cook. Here is his Instagram to salivate a little:
Ryan Vargas (@chefryanv) • Instagram photos and videos

The thing that I, personally, hate- is that I consider both Ryan and the general manager, Eddie Raguso, friends. Simply from dining at their establishments. They are just genuinely good family men and human beings- and their staff adored them. It’s disapointing I likely won’t see either of them when I go to Universal, which has been my tradition.

It's nice to have at least one nice offering, or at least semi-nice. If you're staying on-site CityWalk is just a quick water-taxi ride away.
For the convention crowd alone, I agree. I can’t think of an evening I’ve left an on-site hotel w/ boat access that there wasn’t at least 2 people dressed up riding it to go to dinner. No park plans with those shoes they had on.

Old mill is a good place. I had some really tasty food there. Paula Deen may work in Tennessee but should prob be be avoided in Orlando.
Paula Deen is Georgia (Savannah). Lady and Sons.
The thing is, it isn’t even a top end place in Savannah. Is solid, but too buttery. Wilkes house is significantly better. $23 - cash only - lunch starts at 11am but line starts at 9:30am.

I personally will really miss the place/people. We went every time we stayed at Uni and ate and drank at the Bar. Eric, Sue, Tom, and Fabian have been there forever. They are the nicest people you could ever meet. Hope some of them get new gigs somewhere in CW or the Hotels. Sad news for my family.

Reactions: Ridgepole
If CityWalk has to have a fast food burger place, instead of a boring one like Burger King they should have an In-N-Out burger or Jack in the Box.
latest

big_259.jpg
I miss Jack in the Box so much! I don’t see them building just one franchise all on its own though. Although apparently they were here recently meeting with potential franchisees.

I miss Jack in the Box so much! I don’t see them building just one franchise all on its own though. Although apparently they were here recently meeting with potential franchisees.
I feel your pain. I'm in Georgia where there's not a single location. Fortunately there are multiple in South Carolina along my driving route to snow skiing in the winter.

I did see that about looking for potential franchisees in Florida but haven't heard anything else about it.

I feel your pain. I'm in Georgia where there's not a single location. Fortunately there are multiple in South Carolina along my driving route to snow skiing in the winter.

I did see that about looking for potential franchisees in Florida but haven't heard anything else about it.
I made a point to stop at the closest one in South Carolina on a trip once a few years back.

The conference where they were attending was about airport businesses so I have a feeling it just happened to be located here but had nothing to do with actual locations here.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender