Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 518 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I was gonna add some flat rides, I’d add a Scrambler-like ride (with the mechanism below you to hide it) themed after Koopa shells, and a Wiggler version of Slinky Dog Spin from the other Toy Story Lands

Agreed, I too wish that if they add flat rides, they do something more interesting than a spinner.

The spinner was just the first thing I thought of as a way to add Bullet Bill but into the land but I'm all for trying different themed flat rides for this area.

I know that what I'm about to post will never come to fruition, but I have to put it out there - a night time spectacular show featuring Hyrule Castle, Calamity Ganon, the Divine Beasts, Zelda, and Link, would be pretty incredible. Maybe not a general public draw, but it would make a fantastic show.

I know that what I'm about to post will never come to fruition, but I have to put it out there - a night time spectacular show featuring Hyrule Castle, Calamity Ganon, the Divine Beasts, Zelda, and Link, would be pretty incredible. Maybe not a general public draw, but it would make a fantastic show.
Fireworks in the Mushroom Kingdom set to this beautiful gem.

Then going through Mario’s history with other great pieces.

What’s the likelyhood that Uni might take a break from 3D based screen attractions with Nintendo land and instead go back to practical effect like attractions added to the future Nintendo Lands at Universal.

sounds good i'm not against 3D based screen attractions but Uni fans are starting to realize now they really need to lay low for a little bit.

We've been feeling that for a long while, well before Drupercharged made it's scene.

And, Universal seems to know that as-well; hence why we are seeing projects like Nintendo, Potter, and a few others turn out the way they are.

One thing I am curious about is that if they end up doing AR, how will the objects appear to those in the second row of seats. The AR objects on the track should theoretically be slightly obstructed by the heads in front of you, otherwise they will appear to be floating between you and the front row.

From the tiny bit of research I have done, AR is barely to the point of handling and calculating stationary object for the AR to hide behind. How could it calculate and compensate the heads in front when they are in constant motion due to human movements in the vehicle?
This is a bit old, but Disney Research figured it out:

Pretty cool!

Anybody know if they're still pursuing AR? I too think AR isn't ready for primetime, especially for a ride like this, there's just too much complexity. Even this Disney project relies on a calibrated environment.

This is a bit old, but Disney Research figured it out:

Pretty cool!

Anybody know if they're still pursuing AR? I too think AR isn't ready for primetime, especially for a ride like this, there's just too much complexity. Even this Disney project relies on a calibrated environment.

Welcome to the IU Forums. Post often & prosper. :toast:

We don’t even know where SNW is going to be located first off wasn’t it supposed to go on over in the kid zone section at USF?
It was unofficially going to be located there (and was even the location used in the pitch).

But now, it seems with the Southern Expansion of Universal Orlando Resort (which should include 1 dry park at the start), plans have been changed for Super Nintendo World.

Otherwise, Osaka and Hollywood are still a-go for their locations to the best of my understanding, and Osaka is already well under construction.