Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal was far along in plans to use the old Enounter plot for new attractions a few years back. The big item was a wooden amber mine coaster, along with an omnimover ride and a couple of spinners. If Universal is dusting off old ideas we could see something similar to this.

Reading the first 10 pages of this discussion was a blast from the past.

Here is an old post from page one of this thread:
OK, I will throw this out there. The 2nd attraction that I heard was proposed is an omnimover style dark ride that loads where the current labs are in the Discovery Center and the first scene would be the animated DNA scene that is a direct lift from the 1st film. The 2nd scene would be passing a new lab facility with TMs in white coats doing stuff, the third scene would be a bunch of caged scary dino AAs like Velociraptors and such. The unload would be in the new area where the Amber Mine coaster and new food stands and such would be. It reminds me of the old Sea Cabs from The Living Seas.

Instead of Blue, could be the new Indoraptor from upcoming JW Fallen Kingdom movie?
"Indoraptor Encounter"??
The kids would love it...
Haha. Terrifying. Some people thought that on Twitter, but putting aside the fact that it’s considerably larger (and far more terrifying) the description for the new Dino said it was one from the Jurassic World filmS. As in both of them. And Blue is literally the only raptor seen in both films so far. Indo will only have been in the new one.

It would be interesting how Orlando changes Jurassic Park in the next couple of years.

Orlando is nice to the old school/nostalgia audience than Hollywood is, which Hollywood wants to rush the new.

I didn’t realize the JP 25 event was this weekend at Hollywood. Explains the timing of their announcement.

We have a JP social media event coming up next month I think. Wonder if we get any type of announcement then.

It would be interesting how Orlando changes Jurassic Park in the next couple of years.

Orlando is nice to the old school/nostalgia audience than Hollywood is, which Hollywood wants to rush the new.
Should I just rattle off all the old school stuff closed in Orlando or do you already understand? :thumbsup:

God, reading the first 20 or so pages in this thread makes me wish that JP/JW could be moved to the new park. Those blue-sky ideas sounded amazing, and that was with limited space. Imagine what they could do with 200 acres.

To be fair, that’s still a prevelant rumor on other sites and forums.

I wouldn't be surprised. Don't know why, but I have a feeling that JP as a whole will be torn down. Skull Island was the beginning of the end.
That's what I was told last year. Then things changed and now JP is getting an upgrade/overhaul. And I would bet money it will be a JW overlay.

So I'm pretty sure JP will be slathered in JW colors and signage, and we get a new attraction.

That's what I was told last year. Then things changed and now JP is getting an upgrade/overhaul. And I would bet money it will be a JW overlay.

So I'm pretty sure JP will be slathered in JW colors and signage, and we get a new attraction.
You think similar timetable as Hollywood for River makeover -or- do they stagger it out and do Orlando’s update next year?

What if JP was upgraded, but the JP theme was removed? You could easily retheme JPRA and some of the other buildings and such. I completely support JW being in the new park, as it gives them a lot more space to make a cohesive and open land.

Status
Not open for further replies.