Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

I’m pretty sure that Whopper Bar has been there before the Five Guys/Shake Shack/fast-casual burger explosion. I’m sure it made sense at the time and I’m sure it felt more high-end at the time
The whole Whopper bar concept was supposed to include a bar as in for drinks, but the CW one didn’t get that. As it stands the only difference between the Whopper bar and a standard BK is the Whopper bar has a limited menu.

I think there’s room for a quick service burger place like BK and a fast casual burger place.

Secret: Palm bar happy hour for a %50 off burger. Like $7...best deal on property. Great burger meat. NBC has a good huge burger but we're talking around $20

I can't see a burger place coming. Burger King and Cowfish have the market cornered for anything you need there.

A decent steakhouse in a similar quality to Emeril's is what I'd like to see happening.

Whether it's an outside company or something Universal wants to do themselves like NBC Grill or Toothsome is what I think will be the most interesting in this project.

I can't see a burger place coming. Burger King and Cowfish have the market cornered for anything you need there.

A decent steakhouse in a similar quality to Emeril's is what I'd like to see happening.

Whether it's an outside company or something Universal wants to do themselves like NBC Grill or Toothsome is what I think will be the most interesting in this project.
Palm@ The Hard Rock Hotel is a top shelf steakhouse.

I think Universal sucks at advertising the Signiture Restaurants.

Palm@ The Hard Rock Hotel is a top shelf steakhouse.

I think Universal sucks at advertising the Signiture Restaurants.

You're not wrong. I've been doing my homework about Disney Dining and everything is easy to access and understand, Universal feels like a massive chore. Universal need a whole website redesign because it looks severely dated, especially when compared to Disney.

Edit: this the Palm page on the Universal website:

Universal Orlando

The photos look like they haven’t been updated since it opened and why do I need to go to a different website for a menu? :shrug:

Last edited:
I hit the food court at least twice a visit when I'm there. If they expanded it to include more options, I'd probably spend more time there. I think a food hall concept like Eataly would be pretty awesome.

Most of the times I’ve found myself at Top of the Walk food court is because I’m with a group and we’re having a hard time all agreeing. The food court concept is really great for this scenario. I’ve noticed that HotDog Hall of Fame doesn’t seem to do too well in its location off by itself. Perhaps they could convert Emeril’s into a more expanded food court with an outdoor area to help include the hot dog place, then the second story food court space and perhaps some of the clothing store below it could become a nice signature steakhouse.

Last edited:
I wonder if nicer fast food or fast-casual restaurants in Citywalk would draw customers away from the more expensive sit down restaurants, which universal definitely wouldn't want and could be a reason there haven't been more improvements.

Although the food court is not exciting it's necessary and I'm glad it's there for people who don't want to spend the money or time at City Walk's fine sit down establishments. Next trip I really should utilize the food court because last time I spent FAR too much money on food nightly at Citywalk.

Pretty sure that's by design. Uni just isn't like Disney. If you're not staying at their resorts, I don't think they're super keen on you wandering around them.
I make a special trip to certain Hotel restaurants every once in a while...Nice break from Citywalk

But there is really no reason to leave CityWalk if you are not staying on site

Pretty sure that's by design. Uni just isn't like Disney. If you're not staying at their resorts, I don't think they're super keen on you wandering around them.

I can see this point but wouldn’t be in the interest of the hotels to have people see them?

Usually most restaurants are off the lobby so it’s not like people are walking past guest rooms and it’s never going to be a large influx of people if seats are limited and need a resveration plus if people really dig the ambience of a hotel, it might convince them to stay there on their next trip?