Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 205 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tokyo Sea has a bare steel roller coaster though! :lol:

Edit: I forgot! It has two!

Ok technically YES...though the Indiana Jones coaster is themed IMO quite well has an archaeologist dig site with a very nice entrance area, and the other is really small and low to the ground, where it's not visible until you're right next to it.

Reactions: Mike S
I don’t know what any of those are.

RMC has made Steel Vengeance, Lightning Rod, Twisted Timbers, and is rumored to make a hybrid out of Gwazi.

tumblr_nq0wm1s1bg1tatej5o1_500.jpg

This is a launched invert. Imagine this themed to something else.

Volcano%2C_The_Blast_Coaster_%28Kings_Dominion%29_02.jpg

This is Maverick, an Intamin Blitz. Intamin also made Cheetah Hunt at BGT

Cedar-Point-saddles-up-to-newest-coaster.jpg

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Then what else is a “large thrill coaster” that would attract coaster enthusiasts? Last I checked only Hulk like stuff does that.
Hulk isn't a particularly good coaster. Maverick, which LintemuthStudios mentioned, is less than 100 feet tall and is considered one of the best roller coasters in the world. Universal could easily theme such a ride into an amazing themed experience. Taron at Phantasialand is an excellent example of a thrilling and beautifully themed ride!

Hulk isn't a particularly good coaster. Maverick, which LintemuthStudios mentioned, is less than 100 feet tall and is considered one of the best roller coasters in the world. Universal could easily theme such a ride into an amazing themed experience. Taron at Phantasialand is an excellent example of a thrilling and beautifully themed ride!
I like Hulk. Hope they don't tear it down and replace over a 3 year period because it's not the best out there. I may be dead by then.

I don’t know what any of those are.

Just to give some examples:

RMC has I-Box style track, Single-Rail style track, and topper style track.

Some examples:

I-Box

S-R Raptor

Topper

The Intamin Blitz, has been heavily praised, and has examples such as Maverick, but to reference Phantasialand once more, Taron is one.

To be blunt, I have never been one to be against a thrill coaster.

HOWEVER, it has to make sense for the land, and to be immersive for that regard. It's why I would see the thrill coaster be something more like Black Mamba or Taron from Phantasialand.

Fitting into the area, not mashing against other attractions badly, and still fun coasters.

Controversial Opinion: I don't get why everyone is against having a large thrill coaster in this park. It wouldn't break immersion if themed properly, Universal has large thrill coasters in both of its other parks, they're also building a park with multiple large thrill coasters in China, and it would also but the park on the map for roller coaster enthusiasts like myself. It's not like there won't be any other non-thrill coasters in the park, either.

No, the coaster doesn't have to be super tall and go over a bunch of park pathways. But there will be one in the park, I guarantee it.

I'm all for a big steel coaster. Heavy theming is great but there's still something about a big coaster that sparks excitement from anybody who sees it. The Hulk coaster is out there but it fits the narrative of the land and if they decide to go down a sci-fi route, an exposed steel coaster fits it.

Please bring this to Orlando Papa Woodbury.

Seriously. This is probably the best parade ever. The small details are what makes it amazing, but the fact that each IP has little mini "stories" going on is also incredible. They could also add Nintendo floats. This parade would be a huge hit in Orlando.

Seriously. This is probably the best parade ever.

I will agree to disagree. This is way disappointing from what they hyped it up to be, IMO. I think the concept is cool, but it lacks in its execution. If they can work out the kinks/give the parade a little more pep, then yea, I'd want something similar ported over

Status
Not open for further replies.