Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the concept is cool, but it lacks in its execution.

Yeah, I see your point. My favorite part of Festival of Fantasy is the maleficent scene, not just because of the float design, but because they have a little mini story as part of it with Prince Phillip occasionally "fighting" the dragon. I think this new parade does a good job taking that concept to the next level.

Yeah, I see your point. My favorite part of Festival of Fantasy is the maleficent scene, not just because of the float design, but because they have a little mini story as part of it with Prince Phillip occasionally "fighting" the dragon. I think this new parade does a good job taking that concept to the next level.

Yea, like the final float of the Potter section here is really cool, and the Raptor float and the T-Rex floats are cool, but the rest need the same amount of energy.

RMC has made Steel Vengeance, Lightning Rod, Twisted Timbers, and is rumored to make a hybrid out of Gwazi.

tumblr_nq0wm1s1bg1tatej5o1_500.jpg

This is a launched invert. Imagine this themed to something else.

Volcano%2C_The_Blast_Coaster_%28Kings_Dominion%29_02.jpg

This is Maverick, an Intamin Blitz. Intamin also made Cheetah Hunt at BGT

Cedar-Point-saddles-up-to-newest-coaster.jpg

Hulk isn't a particularly good coaster. Maverick, which LintemuthStudios mentioned, is less than 100 feet tall and is considered one of the best roller coasters in the world. Universal could easily theme such a ride into an amazing themed experience. Taron at Phantasialand is an excellent example of a thrilling and beautifully themed ride!

This is very adjacent to my interests!

I think the Maverick clone will be handled by the new Potter coaster, but something similar could be built at the new park. RMC recently has been having some design/construction issues with Twisted Timbers and Steel Vengeance so I'm not sure how much other parks will be willing to take a gamble on them (counterpoint: Intamin still getting work). I think Mack and Gerstlauer are good choices for a thrilling coaster for the new park; they tend to adapt well to theming, are small and nimble, and offer a good combo of inversions and airtime.

I'd also like to see an RMC in Orlando as their designs are distinct and will be something different than yet another Vekoma or B&M coaster. Obviously RMC has some construction and train issues but I imagine they will sort those out before 202x.

S&S shouldn't be counted out either as they have some popular inverted coaster models out in the wild that would work great as a family coaster.

This is very adjacent to my interests!

I think the Maverick clone will be handled by the new Potter coaster, but something similar could be built at the new park. RMC recently has been having some design/construction issues with Twisted Timbers and Steel Vengeance so I'm not sure how much other parks will be willing to take a gamble on them (counterpoint: Intamin still getting work). I think Mack and Gerstlauer are good choices for a thrilling coaster for the new park; they tend to adapt well to theming, are small and nimble, and offer a good combo of inversions and airtime.

I'd also like to see an RMC in Orlando as their designs are distinct and will be something different than yet another Vekoma or B&M coaster. Obviously RMC has some construction and train issues but I imagine they will sort those out before 202x.

S&S shouldn't be counted out either as they have some popular inverted coaster models out in the wild that would work great as a family coaster.

Speaking of Gerstlauer....

What if we see some expanded, themed version of an Infinity Coaster? I haven’t seen a single one with bad reviews, and Hangtime at Knotts is getting rave reviews. There’s nothing like Hangtime currently in Florida.

I'm just thinking of the original IOA concepts and how things changed up until the last minute

Seriously, look up some of the original concepts for IOA...Crazy

I wouldn't lock in on anything being locked in for Site B
Nothing locked in?? Blasphemy. The Scream house was great in 2015, and I loved The Conjuring last year.

wait...

What other IPs (franchises) do you think would warrant theme park representation?

Kid IPs: Yokai Watch, Animal Crossing, Cooking Mama, Minecraft, Fortnite
All age IPs: Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Professor Layton, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest
Teen+ IPs: Skyrim, Biohazard (Resident Evil), Bioshock, Fallout, Overwatch, God of War, Persona, WoW, Final Fantasy, Metroid

Biohazard, Yokai Watch, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, and Nintendo teams already have relations with Universal Creative

All age IPs: Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Professor Layton, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter
Teen+ IPs: Skyrim, Biohazard (Resident Evil), Bioshock, Fallout, Overwatch, God of War, Persona, WoW, Final Fantasy
What about Sonic or Rare ltd properties

All age IPs: Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Professor Layton, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest
Teen+ IPs: Skyrim, Biohazard (Resident Evil), Bioshock, Fallout, Overwatch, God of War, Persona, WoW, Final Fantasy, Metroid

Biohazard, Yokai Watch, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, and Nintendo teams already have relations with Universal Creative
I know the rare land is probably not going to happen let just see what they can do for the 4th park

Last edited by a moderator:

Outside of the Nintendo main properties. None of those warrant theme park presence.

Watching Hobbit/Smaug last night. Here's a Perfect setting for an attraction. A ride recreating where the dwarfs are smuggled into the house through the toilet, in Laketown. Universal could put the ride right next to the sewage plant, and then you would have true immersion that even Disney couldn't duplicate. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.