Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Land oriented, not water mate.
That's like being upset when a land has an inverted coaster instead of a launched, and then complaining about the lack of coasters in the land.

EDIT - I see the new HP coaster as being more of a dark ride-coaster hybrid than a thrill coaster like DC (Which I will now forever refer to as DD in tribute to that sick lost queue), so it won't fill that hole in thrill fans' hearts.

I can’t remember if I posted it here or not, but I wouldn’t put it past Universal to put coaster track out in front of the Discovery Center. It’s the second biggest amount of land available after Triceratops, (without losing anything else, like Camp Jurassic and Pteranodon Flyers, which is clearly staying since it's being revamped.)

After they stuck a coaster out of the facades in New York at USF, anything is possible.

I can’t remember if I posted it here or not, but I wouldn’t put it past Universal to put coaster track out in front of the Discovery Center. It’s the second biggest amount of land available after Triceratops, (without losing anything else, like Camp Jurassic and Pteranodon Flyers, which is clearly staying since it's being revamped.)

After they stuck a coaster out of the facades in New York at USF, anything is possible.

Yeah, to be honest, it's not entirely something I'd be surprised about. What I'd be curious, is the type of attraction that the coaster would be, as the only type of coaster I could see is something more like an B&M invert (not a flyer)

Yeah, to be honest, it's not entirely something I'd be surprised about. What I'd be curious, is the type of attraction that the coaster would be, as the only type of coaster I could see is something more like an B&M invert (not a flyer)
I’m sticking to the wooden rumor, it’s just too prevalent to be ignored. I talked about my coaster type theories in my video last week (starts at 1:20.) Of course we’ve learned more already since this was posted, but I stand by my guesses.

I would hate to see them clutter up (read: ruin) the view from across the lagoon if they did that.

I truly hate Uni's coaster policy. Yeah, I get it; they've had incidents. But it shouldn't take longer to ride a theme park ride than it does going through airport security.

With that said however, I do feel they seriously need to fill the thrill void left with the Dragons' demise. I'd expect the new Potter coaster to be family-friendly thrilled. Not exactly the big coaster junkie-type thrills. Still feel a flying coaster would fit well in JP/JW.

If we're looking at a possible JP->JW overlay, could the demo of the 9100sf building be for the discovery center turning into the JW discovery center along with the coaster?

I truly hate Uni's coaster policy. Yeah, I get it; they've had incidents. But it shouldn't take longer to ride a theme park ride than it does going through airport security.
It takes, like, a second to walk through the metal detectors??

It's more inconvenient not having my phone in line for me, I would ride Hulk and HRRR more if I could browse the forums in line, but I get why they don't allow them.

If we're looking at a possible JP->JW overlay, could the demo of the 9100sf building be for the discovery center turning into the JW discovery center along with the coaster?
Can't be. My thoughts were blown out of the water. Some were deleted

I mean, even Hogsmeade lets people take pictures with the TriWizard performers after the show.

They used to. They don’t anymore, unfortunately. Not sure when they stopped, but definitely didn’t my last two visits (sept and dec). The girls move quick and will high five- if that (as they stay in character). Had my little kids trying but no dice (we’ve done it in the past years ago).

It wouldn’t be that hard at all to redo Discovery Center. Especially if they choose to use some of the upstairs real estate. The upstairs is a rather generic restaurant and an even more generic store.

I know I won’t get a Mr.DNA ride. I can beg, but it’s never going to happen.

If our rumored coaster is going to be raptor themed id like to see this structure used for the station or somewhere in the queue. Having the RE adjacent would make sense as well.

The raptor rumor seems to be the consistent thing between all the stories. While the current meet and greet location is going to be removed and the raptors will go into a temp area, the new attraction construction will include a larger, new raptor encounter. Maybe two pens?

The raptor rumor seems to be the consistent thing between all the stories. While the current meet and greet location is going to be removed and the raptors will go into a temp area, the new attraction construction will include a larger, new raptor encounter. Maybe two pens?
I was trying to formulate a ride story into a JP coaster beyond just ohh look a coaster at a theme park. All the major coasters in Universal (minus RRR) all have some level of suspension of belief in terms of ride path. Dragons and Hulks flight paths were part of the out of control story more than just being giant steel beams in the air. For this concept im thinking using the scent drill scene from JW where the Raptors are set loose to track the I rex. Would make for a rough jungle trek (wooden coasters are rougher) and a fun chase through JW that can thematically fit a launch if its an RMC or just a adventure filled ride (family wooden coaster) that doesnt have a "something goes wrong" story. Also gives an excuse to put Pratt in one of the attractions (preshow?).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.