Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

If you really want that spray effect, have the person sitting in front of you have a few hard butterbeers in Hog’s Head. That will hit them halfway through the ride.

I have mixed feelings on this. Having been three times, I actually love Diagon Alley, and even enjoy Gringotts. And in this very "Instagram" age, Diagon Alley is basically one giant Instagram opportunity. Selfishly, I'd personally love to see it come here.

But I do see how it takes up a very large space--space that Hollywood doesn't really have as much. So I can see the side of the argument of putting something else instead. And I also understand not wanting to "clone" too much.

But that said, the vast majority of GP don't get to both coasts that often, which is a fair argument to clone. And our Hogsmeade/FJ is not a direct clone... in fact, I'd say it's even improved a bit. So I'd be even more curious to see how they'd "upgrade" Diagon Alley.

Like I said.... mixed feelings.

Some minor points about our Hogsmeade/FJ... gotta give props to the Sons of Durmstrang at the Tri-Wizard show, they've really stepped up their game with their performances lately. As for FJ, it's still in pretty great shape overall, but I still don't really understand why they've never fixed the focus of the opening flue scene, or why they haven't repaired the blue light that shines on the rocks as a better transition to the final screen scene. It's been off for months, and seems it should be a relatively easy fix. :/
Glad I'm not the only one who realized the opening flue scene on Forbidden Journey is out of focus. Also the water effects were turned back on last week during my visit at the giant spider and the rocks after it.

Glad I'm not the only one who realized the opening flue scene on Forbidden Journey is out of focus. Also the water effects were turned back on last week during my visit at the giant spider and the rocks after it.
Thanks for the update....And welcome to the IU forums. Post often and prosper. :thumbsup::toast:

I've always thought the ones in Japan looked cool! Orlando has slightly different ones as well. And I definitely feel we have the space to use for more wand stations. Can't wait to experience it!

Perhaps a question of morbid curiosity, has anyone been able to see any indications of the Wand Studies show from Osaka coming via by looking at the top of Hippogriff's lift while riding the family coaster? That could be a nice way to see whether or not it's happening (along to see if there are any changes being made to the extended switchback for DWT).

EDIT: Here is also an example of the Incendio/Meteololinx Recanto effects possibly coming, given from Osaka.

Last edited:
Perhaps a question of morbid curiosity, has anyone been able to see any indications of the Wand Studies show from Osaka coming via by looking at the top of Hippogriff's lift while riding the family coaster? That could be a nice way to see whether or not it's happening (along to see if there are any changes being made to the extended switchback for DWT).

EDIT: Here is also an example of the Incendio/Meteololinx Recanto effects possibly coming, given from Osaka.

No changes yet in Hogmead. Its also notable that the Osaka version of the Owlery is shaped differently than Hollywood. This probably means that this additional section would need to be added specifically for the fire effect.

Recently, the only change I have seen on the stage show is with the TriWizard show...the girls now enter the show from backstage and not from the street.

These types of claims always remind me of the Jack Lemon/Walter Mattheau movie, "The Fortune Cookie".
What a bunch of BS this article really is. Guy seems like he's looking an opportunity to make some money off Universal.

I hate that my first thought was exactly this...People nowadays can be truly horrible...

In other news, that's why these warnings are posted all throughout the queue...."This ride contains sudden acceleration, braking...etc..." I can understand if he didn't know he had a pre-existing injury, but I'm hesitant to believe it's fully honest...

Will there be fireworks for “The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle” returning in June? They didn’t have any for when it played earlier this year in March/April. The Christmas show during the holiday season had them with two bursts.

^I was about to ask the same question.

Did just read the update to the additions. Curious to see where the new wand experiences will be. And I've never even heard of the talking mirror before... do any other WWoHP lands have that already? I don't remember seeing it or Orlando, and I've never been to Japan's.

Some of the additions are a bit anti-climatic... they've already had those new food items at 3 Broomsticks for a while, as well as some of the clothes offerings. Still, though, it's great to see an overall plusing of something that they really didn't have to do. Very pleasant surprise!

Will there be fireworks for “The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle” returning in June? They didn’t have any for when it played earlier this year in March/April. The Christmas show during the holiday season had them with two bursts.
NLHC (weird acronym) is playing right now. I was there last weekend and they had fireworks at the end of every show. Not a lot, but they were there.

Another question... no specific timeline was mentioned, just "summer" (aside from the light show, but I'm talking the wand effects and mirror). Does anyone know of any specific date this will be in effect?