Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Hopefully, since the reception to this has been so bad, not just lukewarm, UC and upper management will have learned a lesson. Namely you can't just throw a bad/mediocre attraction at the GP, and they'll accept it just because it's NEW....A Big Fail, but good timing in a perverse way, since the new park is right down the road, and 'perhaps' this will give UC a better perception of what they need to do to make the new park 'special'.

From what Disneyhead said it sounds like Universal has known this is a bad attraction for a good while. This means they had a good bit of time to let the lesson sink in and hopefully learn from it.

there are times when i see a really really bad movie in theaters, and my question is always "Why was this movie made? why do they waste money and time and talent on something so bad? why didnt they stop it or change it?"

But i guess it happens with rides too, i guess once the project is in motion there is no turning back.... I guess once things are in movement there is no stopping that train.

Pretty sure the 20 minute wait has to do with virtual line. If this didn't have Virtual Wait I'm sure it'll be a 60 minute wait. (Not defending the ride, it sucks)

Isn't it the opposite? Virtual Wait should artificially increase the wait time since everybody is waiting outside.

Also, for those wondering why there's ads for this every commercial break, Universal is still a business. They still want to get in as many people as they can in the door to spend money and we should want them to as well because that means more re-investment back into the parks.

Now have I planned a trip for this summer? For the first time in like over 15 years, no. :lol: But there's still time to salvage that. They could announce the nighttime show.

I will agree all around wait times are low low low... I'm jealous.

Just checked Disney and it's the same story.... May is the new September apparently.

Today the day started with heavy rain for about an hour so...instant turn-off for tourists. No such thing as 'non-peak' anymore, especially at Disney.

Hate to slow up the dislike festival, but I rode this again with some out of town family over the weekend, we had fun. Our party bus of people cheered and clapped at the end.... we waited in line to buy merchandise.

I wish this ride was just a bus ride to Epcot for the original Test Track. The family is having dinner and you need to leave work at the chop shop fast!
I think you're thinking of RnRC

Hate to slow up the dislike festival, but I rode this again with some out of town family over the weekend, we had fun. Our party bus of people cheered and clapped at the end.... we waited in line to buy merchandise.
How did they feel about other rides around the resort? Just curious

They like big thrills (unlike myself) so they love Hulk, and the like. I believe the only thing we didn't enjoy was our ride on transformers (as we were sat next to a drunk gentleman whom was swearing and flicking off the screen our entire ride). My party sure didn't seem to suffer this great and mighty screen fatigue... of course, Jimmy Fallon, Fast, Kong, even Minions is so different from ANYTHING they usually get to do. (though I suspect this is also the case for most people visiting the park)

They like big thrills (unlike myself) so they love Hulk, and the like. I believe the only thing we didn't enjoy was our ride on transformers (as we were sat next to a drunk gentleman whom was swearing and flicking off the screen our entire ride). My party sure didn't seem to suffer this great and mighty screen fatigue... of course, Jimmy Fallon, Fast, Kong, even Minions is so different from ANYTHING they usually get to do. (though I suspect this is also the case for most people visiting the park)
Oh, you rode Transformers with Vin Deisel? Nice.

Was at universal with friends that had not visited in a very long time. Did virtual line for FF and it worked great. Regular line was 40 minutes. After riding almost every ride in the park most of our group rated fast and furious one of their favorites. Most of the people on our bus had a blasted/fun. This was my second ride on FF and I actually enjoyed it more than my first ride.
Its clearly not the best ride at Universal but I think it's taken a bigger beating than it deserves.

Was there today and on the note of crowds, I expected it to be a light day and I was horribly wrong. Where are all of the people coming from?!

As for FF, I hate to say it but I actually had fun. I wanted to hate it (and I had plenty reason to) but I couldn’t. It was intense....terrible graphics and terrible acting but I had fun.

Radio Marketing using lines like "Ride Fast & Furious: Supercharged at Universal Orlando and go on a HIGH OCTANE experience you'll never forget" are... something.

I will say that the promotion of this ride has seemingly been non-stop of late on radio and TV.

Radio Marketing using lines like "Ride Fast & Furious: Supercharged at Universal Orlando and go on a HIGH OCTANE experience you'll never forget" are... something.

I will say that the promotion of this ride has seemingly been non-stop of late on radio and TV.

I literally can NOT wait to get my friend on this ride. She is a theme park newby. I plan to not warn her about how bad it is. She is unfailingly polite, and I am gonna love laughing at her trying to be polite about how bad the ride is.