Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Using the Resort App today I noticed that in the categories you can see the rides listed in "Thrill, 3d/4d, and family."
The ride did not make the 3d cut so guess what category they placed it in? Thrill. I know one can argue that any ride or attraction can provide a thrill, but when you make so many categories and place this in the same category as Rip Ride Rockit, Revenge of The Mummy, you likely expect it to be more thrilling than anything in the other categories.
Even the obvious thrill ride or coaster hybrids aside, I do not think that anyone is going to find this ride more thrilling than Transformers, Spiderman, Gringotts or as thrilling as Forbidden Journey.
That is not wise expectation setting.

It may be a month after I shot it, but finally got my Easter Egg video edited and uploaded! Enjoy!

There's a special thanks in the description to Drew and everyone else that helped point out cool stuff from the queue on Twitter when the ride soft opened!

Using the Resort App today I noticed that in the categories you can see the rides listed in "Thrill, 3d/4d, and family."
The ride did not make the 3d cut so guess what category they placed it in? Thrill. I know one can argue that any ride or attraction can provide a thrill, but when you make so many categories and place this in the same category as Rip Ride Rockit, Revenge of The Mummy, you likely expect it to be more thrilling than anything in the other categories.
Even the obvious thrill ride or coaster hybrids aside, I do not think that anyone is going to find this ride more thrilling than Transformers, Spiderman, Gringotts or as thrilling as Forbidden Journey.
That is not wise expectation setting.
Just looked at the app list. It considers Simpson's to be a thrill ride so I guess it makes sense to put F&F:S in the same category.

It may be a month after I shot it, but finally got my Easter Egg video edited and uploaded! Enjoy!

There's a special thanks in the description to Drew and everyone else that helped point out cool stuff from the queue on Twitter when the ride soft opened!

Nice video. Your channel is awesome.

I rode it this past weekend when i was down in Orlando for the weekend. Oh, boy! It was terrible! Just terrible, worst ride in the parks, easily beats hippogriff for the worst ride. It’s way too short, Vin Diesal was size of helicopter was hilariously bad, rooms before the ride were bad. Everything about it was just bad. I can’t believe universal actually decided that was okay idea for a ride. So many creative and better ideas then that.

Yeah but that alley way scene and the Easter eggs in the queue totally make up for it right???!!! Guys? Guys?? Guys!!!???

The fact that the single rider line plays the second war room Preshow video as a looping queue videos shows how poorly planned the Preshow actor roles were written. Without the "I got this Jamie" and hey Pat" lines they are pointless, which is nothing against them. I have seen the majority give it their all but they never have any interactive room for lines or much emotion, which wastes the idea.

I rode it this past weekend when i was down in Orlando for the weekend. Oh, boy! It was terrible! Just terrible, worst ride in the parks, easily beats hippogriff for the worst ride. It’s way too short, Vin Diesal was size of helicopter was hilariously bad, rooms before the ride were bad. Everything about it was just bad. I can’t believe universal actually decided that was okay idea for a ride. So many creative and better ideas then that.

I actually liked the transition from Flying Unicorn to Hippogriff.

Wonder if Universal now wishes they had done a Test Track-style ride, though I'm not sure there would have been enough space unless they could've gone under or over the HE track.

It may not do anything impressive but it still has that new ride growing pain curse. Was closed from around 3pm until closing today.

It may not do anything impressive but it still has that new ride growing pain curse. Was closed from around 3pm until closing today.

No, it was open. I went through standby around 5:45 PM. Virtual passes on the app and in person were blocked. The stand by queue also closed and reopened throughout the evening due to the weather. Guessing they wanted to make sure people were waiting inside during the thunder/lightning.

Man, this ride. Swing and a miss!