T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Incorrect. Attractions OP's ran the whole guest flow operation. From greeter to salad bar (glasses distribution in the queue), loading unloading theater, cleaning glasses etc. they were all confined to front of the building and had their own office and breakroom up there. They never really had any interaction with show techs or the actors.

2 mins before showtime op's would "activate" the show by pressing a button outside of the preshow doors and that would let Entertainment know that they're opening the preshow doors in 2 mins. Then entertainment would start/stop the show themselves but attractions op's were in charge of loading and unloading the theater and such.

I'm curious to if this show will be doing basically back to back shows like T2 or only run a few times in the day.
I can confirm that, at least as of the late 90s. As entertainment techs, we only ran the show itself, ride&show ops handled all guest flow.

Excluding VB. Since Dec. 2014. Lost BJ revue, Disaster, Twister, T2 ,Lagoon show at USF. Gained Fallon and FF. IOA is ahead of the curve since they added Scull before ripping DC. Throw in a Hulk refurb which was a year downtime?

Man, if that programmed development frustrates you then you must really hate Disney for what they did/didn't do over the last decade.

But that is a small opinion - whether you like it or not. GSATs say otherwise.

You guys have gotten really spoiled.

Please chill everyone. I want info too but a lack of info doesn’t equate anything. This is the SECOND time in this thread posters have gotten wound up.

The T2 setup sounds almost like how Disaster ran. Ops loaded, unloaded, etc. Entertainment did the show parts. The main difference I can see is we did interact with the "Lonnies"

So while I’m very new to posting but(and I know this has been mentioned before in passing just not in this perspective) is it possible that the reason we are seeing such slow movement may be because it’s not slow at all but rather complete secrecy and that universal indeed purchased the dynamic motion theater attraction and has been installing the infrastructure over night after hours for a rather sweet surprise in the long run? Or I could be wishful thinking

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
So while I’m very new to posting but(and I know this has been mentioned before in passing just not in this perspective) is it possible that the reason we are seeing such slow movement may be because it’s not slow at all but rather complete secrecy and that universal indeed purchased the dynamic motion theater attraction and has been installing the infrastructure over night after hours for a rather sweet surprise in the long run? Or I could be wishful thinking
As much as I would prefer something like that, it’s more likely that being an Entertainment run project there are less leaks. At this point it might just be writers, choreographers and actors rehearsing, and not anything actually being constructed yet. Once construction or major theater changes begin we may get more inside info.

For now, all we really know is that some demolition has occurred to strip out the Terminator themed elements.

Last edited:
Ok. Lots of offsite work to be done. I wonder if they knew the interior dimensions of the building before closing T2? And possibly the offsite work for whatever new attraction could have been done before closing said attraction. Hmmm. I understand that this cuts a little close to the bone for some. Sorry in advance.

Last edited:

Universal wishfully thinks it could keep secrets that well :lol:

That would require major infrastructure work and that just doesn't get done in complete secret. Like Alicia alluded to, there's lots of work being done. It just doesn't involve heavy equipment.

Reactions: tankart150
ive been thinking about this recently.Nowhere in any of the theme park sites does this say it will be a show but a live action experience.So what if it is a interactive experience like a walk through attraction where you are more involved with the story.Where each person has a part to play.

But that is a small opinion - whether you like it or not. GSATs say otherwise.

You guys have gotten really spoiled.
I really think it's the whole package that sells Fallon though. The ride itself is fairly mediocre.

I know what GSATs are like for the ride, but here's my theory on it - It replaced Twister, which had the word "RIDE" in it's title, yet was pretty much a walkthrough. With Fallon, unless you know better - and most guests don't - you'd expect that a Tonight Show attraction would be a show. So going in and seeing that it's a zany ride with a fun queue environment that all members of the family can enjoy really are what give that GSAT the boost that it probably wouldn't have otherwise.

Universal Creative is doing this show. All major entertainment builds aside from street shows are done by Universal Creative and even then the street shows are approved through creative. There is a whole Entertainment Production Division in Universal Creative.