Westworld | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Westworld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just watched it. Wow. Really well done episode. Deserves all the hype. The show is just gorgeous to look at as well.

For anyone that has Facebook Messenger, there's a cool interactive chat with a host where they ask you questions and you get sorted into a particular philosophical category:04CF4BCE-B1D5-4754-83D3-CF80934FC20D.png 17CA5C81-5E68-4435-A478-D0674028E644.jpeg

Attachments

• 275D23DE-DBDC-4AE3-AEBD-108098769735.png
    275D23DE-DBDC-4AE3-AEBD-108098769735.png
    807.1 KB · Views: 1
Torn on this episode.

Spoilers Below...............

While I was excited to see "shogun" world. I thought the execution was a little rough. The new found super powers of Maeve are kind of corny in my opinion. You never feel like her character is in any real danger.

The Delores plot line is the weakest of the season. Her character is just very one note, and I just don't find her convincing as a villain.

The MIB was sorely missed in this episode.

Liked this week's episode a lot. There were a lot of emotional highlights and holy :x: at that end cameo. Anxious to see where this leads to next.

Definitely agree with others that the Delores plot line has been pretty underwhelming this season. I thought maybe it would pick up halfway through, but it's been pretty much the same thing week after week.

Been away on vacation and am two episodes behind, is it worth my time catching up.

wEEELL... I fast forwarded through the Japanese sword play which I regarded as pointless (HA! Get it?). If I missed anything important then so be it. Watch episode 4, skip 5 and watch the second half of 6.

Oh, and on HBO Now they are running a 12 minute “pants down” of how the Shogun scenes were created. Haven’t watched it yet but it has to more meritorious than what was actually presented in the show.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
Oh, and the thing about last nights Ep 6 opening... it really had me going “huh?”. It harked of last year where you weren’t always sure of place and time and “how is that possible” etc.

Too, it used that aspect ratio... it only happened one other time last night yet the second was easier to accept and understand.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
I hope I’m not sounding like an apologist for this season, but I think last night was my favorite episode of the series. I’m an easy guy to please when it comes to entertainment (hence why I haven’t been as critical of this season as others have), so having an episode packed with a lot of action kept me thrilled the whole hour.

And the slower scenes were just as good since we got to see Hopkins back in full force.

Having said all that, if next week’s episode focuses strictly on the Ghost Nation host shown in the preview, then it could very well be the worst of the series.

And I am in the other boat. On one watch, I don’t feel that even Hopkins can bouy the ponderous script. So many new premises are being put forth that it is as if last years show didn’t even happen.

Add to that the side track into the pointless Japan-land which on second viewing I just fast-forwarded right past. In the making of shogun short that is on HBO Now the writers said they added it so it would make the season more fun for the creators. They didn’t ask themselves whether or not it made the story better...

I learned two things from this episode

1) An episode with Anthony Hopkins in it is a lot better than episode without Anthony Hopkins.

2) The Man In Black can take a lot of hits and keep going. Pretty tough old bird.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuru