Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 220 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went back and got some better pics today, looks like all of the supports for the first big turn are in.
IMG_0986.png
IMG_0987.png
IMG_0988.png
IMG_1002.png

I hate to sound ungrateful for a free service, but isn't it about time for one of Bio's aerial updates? Curious to see this, and the dirt moving on the new property, and Infinity Falls, etc... :D
Bio typically releases his aerials on the weekends and alternates between Disney and Universal. He did Disney this weekend so i'd expect Universal next weekend going by recent trend.

Great photo's, thanks!
What will the metal pins sticking out of the retention wall be for...themed elements?

Pretty sure those are anchors that will be drove in to help hold the wall back.

@fryoj is correct, they're anchors that use gravity to stay upright. They're used in virtually every construction side that has a retention wall.

Here's an example of a home-use variety:

WallAnchorFinal.png

even mega buildings like the WTC use them:

bathtub_wall1.jpg

My first complete write-up describing nearly the entire ride can be found on the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast website!

Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast : The Rumor Mill: Details for New Harry Potter Coaster Coming to Islands of Adventure

Let me know what y'all think!
Good lord this ride seems like perfection to me. The pacing of the elements from your description here is fantastic! Alicia, thank you so much for everything you've been providing. We're not worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.