Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

Just listened to today's call, more than half of the quarter's growth would have still happened even without a shift in Easter.

They also announced that they will be adding a new ride, attraction or show in every park every year.
Does that include Busch Gardens?
I just hope 2020 gives us another major coaster for Seaworld Orlando. A new slide for Aquatica would be nice too, granted we are getting Ray Rush, but that one replaces a slide; so here's to hoping Aquatica gets a watercoaster in the next two years.

Just listened to today's call, more than half of the quarter's growth would have still happened even without a shift in Easter.

They also announced that they will be adding a new ride, attraction or show in every park every year.
I'm still holding some doubt, but the yearly improvements are a good sign. This management seems to be on the right track, and I'm looking forward to the future improvements to Journey to Atlantis and Wild Arctic... :tease:

Also, I assume that doesn't include the water parks or Discovery Cove, right?

Some of the country is getting over it's TDS and finally going back to living life. Lots of indexes on business and consumer sentiment are hitting highs not seen since Billy Jeff was in office. This all means folks havimg fun.

I'm still holding some doubt, but the yearly improvements are a good sign. This management seems to be on the right track, and I'm looking forward to the future improvements to Journey to Atlantis and Wild Arctic... :tease:

Also, I assume that doesn't include the water parks or Discovery Cove, right?

I can't wait until we get more "event spaces" like the one replacing DarKastle.

(SeaWorld Parks is a joke)

With the Kraken VR gone, I doubt anything will happen to JTA.

Don’t mean to scare you, but Kraken VR is coming back...
You're certain? Would explain why there is still some signage and why the voice at the end of the ride instructs you to remove your headset. Anyway, I just hope it will be done more efficient, with a queue for VR and one for non-VR. Any word on JTA?

You're certain? Would explain why there is still some signage and why the voice at the end of the ride instructs you to remove your headset. Anyway, I just hope it will be done more efficient, with a queue for VR and one for non-VR. Any word on JTA?
I haven't heard anything and probably unlikely since this year and next year have pretty solid capital plans for Orlando (Infinity Falls and Seasame Street). I think maybe 2020 could be a good year for it since it would probably be a smaller investment after 2 years of larger investment. JTA and Wild Arctic refurbs have been rumored for years, so I'm sure there is some truth to those rumors.

I was told directly by SWO marketing that VR was coming back, with no major changes in operations. At least that was the plan as of last month.

Rumours circling around the SeaWorld/Zoological community that Orca Encounter will not be coming to Orlando & San Antonio and that a different production is currently in development.

Is the Jet Rescue Idea dead?

Also, will there ever be a return to Manta-like theming? Mako was a disappointment.

SeaWorld is at its best when a simple thrill ride is given a well-themed queue with integrated animal exhibits. This is the only direction I want to see them going in the future. The sooner Sea World becomes Marine Busch Gardens, the better.

Also, will there ever be a return to Manta-like theming? Mako was a disappointment.

SeaWorld is at its best when a simple thrill ride is given a well-themed queue with integrated animal exhibits. This is the only direction I want to see them going in the future. The sooner Sea World becomes Marine Busch Gardens, the better.
It looks like Infinity Falls will be closer to Manta than Mako in the case of theming, which is a plus. I agree completely.

I hope so, it seems like a great coaster...And they have a large amount of water to use...Plus their attraction count would continue to rise