Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018 | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When Motiongate outdos you on immersion, that's... pretty embarrassing

UA%202516%20x%20928.jpg

When Motiongate outdos you on immersion, that's... pretty embarrassing

UA%202516%20x%20928.jpg

Honestly, I don't expect this to be the best attraction of the year and i don't mind that it won't be as immersive as Motiongate's ride. As long as it's a better overall experience when compared to Shrek 4-D, i'll call it a success.

Reactions: Rideguy70
While Shrek 4D has not aged well, a least it was impressive at the time it first opened. Kung Fu Panda on the other hand is going to be an out dated attraction on arrival.

While Shrek 4D has not aged well, a least it was impressive at the time it first opened. Kung Fu Panda on the other hand is going to be an out dated attraction on arrival.

Listen, i get it. Universal could have spent their time on something grander and bigger than a new 4-D Theater but at least the park is still growing.

Rides like JW:TR take a lot of time and resources to create so something that's in the middle of the pack like Dreamswork Theater keeps the park from staying stagnant in the face of Pixar Pier without breaking the bank.

With the Theater and Toy Story Land coming up, i think people need to learn to appreciate the mid-tier attractions rather than shunning them away in favor of going big or going home.

Yea I as at the park briefly yesterday and also got a pic of the theatre marquee at night.

Ga0LPJy.jpg

I will say this, it looks A LOT better in person at night. However, during the day, it leaves something to be desired. So I really hope the landscaping for the queue is as amazing as Shrek's revamped "enchanted forest" queue was. Having Mr Ping back (hopefully across from Donkey) will definitely help elevate this new attraction. As I said, the landscaping will really make or break this area. Currently the area next to the NY facade looks "meh".

Honestly, as nice as the revamped entrance blvd looks, its kind of a snooze-fest. This new attraction exterior & A.S.S. doesn't help.