Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Just curious, but what's causing such a delay in timing for DHS compared to Disneyland? Seems like a pretty wide gap between the two.

Now Uni’s the one being slow and Disney is opening their next big thing sooner announced in the same year.

I mean yea maybe it'd bother me if Uni wasn't also opening something every year. But I'm more excited for the Potter coaster than either SW ride so it is what it is. I'm getting great new rides from both resorts tho, so it's really hard to be salty about waiting for Nintendo, especially when it's coming with a new park

So you are leaving out that UOR has Hogsmeade/Bourne next year, along with JP getting a massive facelift for 2020?

If it doesn't fit the narrative you must acquit.... A-quit thinking about it.

But it's interesting. I heard similar chest-puffing out of the DIS podcast this week. You'd think it was the 1990s all over again, just because Disney finally decided to build a new E-ticket since the Happiest Celebration on Earth.

Both companies get lazy. Both get sloppy. Neither consistently delivers their best work. Because none of this is free, it isn't Rollercoaster Tycoon, and things cost millions (or billions) of dollars with thousands of people involved capable of making mistakes.

One is secretive about its projects, one beats you over the head with them until you're tired of hearing about it before it evens opens. I can't wait for SW to open, but if I seen the same concept art one more time I'm going to vomit.

But the reality is, they aren't broadcast TV networks. They don't release things at the same exact time, meant to try and capture the same demographic. Each project has its different goals and objectives. And even if they were, Universal already released Lost. Now we'e in the duldrums of summer watching game shows and canceled pilots. Waiting for the next big thing. It happens.