Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone notice the different walls to block the construction?
They’ve gotten smarter.... no longer can people poke holes in the old panel and stick cameras through
I'm really hoping this means they're being extra secretive to surprise people on what they can do. Most likely they're just tired of updaters posting some guy putting up the hanging body props from the storage shed.

Reactions: Horror Lover
If we’re speculating classic Monsters to go there I can’t really see any way of it working with that concept so I’m gonna put my chips on no gauntlet and just a facade entrance by mel’s like every maze that’s been there besides Blumhouse

If, and I cannot stress this enough, if it's CM and they find a way to do a Gauntlet, the only logistical area to me that'd make sense is the French Street. Outside of that, I put the chips down on just a standard queue with facade, no beginning gauntlet section.

It would be cool to see a few rooms dedicated to an actual movie theater, whether at the beginning, in between movies, and/or the end of the maze. Give it a really good theater vibe with possibly the carnage of the classic monsters entering the real world in the theater. Apparently we were supposed to have something kind of similar with the end of HoB last year, but budget cuts happened, hence the awkward Sinister to Purge transition at the end.

Obvious question, but still curious if they're going to use the monster costumes from the photo ops for UCM?

If, and I cannot stress this enough, if it's CM and they find a way to do a Gauntlet, the only logistical area to me that'd make sense is the French Street. Outside of that, I put the chips down on just a standard queue with facade, no beginning gauntlet section.
The only way I can see French street being used as a gauntlet is if VIP doesn’t return. Because that would block off access to the lounge. I used to be a big advocate for VIP, but I’m a broke college student now and I can only get GA so I don’t personally care if it returns, however the return of it last year was well received but not as cool as previous years.
The best case scenario for me for Monsters maze is we go back to the style of 2015 where we exit through the former fear factor audition building into a scarezone and the VIP guests have to walk through that scarezone for access to the lounge like how it used to be and not block off all of French street for VIP entry

Obvious question, but still curious if they're going to use the monster costumes from the photo ops for UCM?

I don't think Murdy would let something like that happen in a passion project of his. I think he'll try to maybe revamp the monsters to look a bit more frightening, but not to the extent of completely unfamiliar. There's still the possibility of him maybe making this a black-and-white haunted house, translating to even the scareactor masks, costumes, and make-up being similar. If they decide to do that, it could have a very trippy feel with guests going through these colorless atmospheres.

Interesting to see they started earlier than expected with Parisian Courtyard... but i'm not complaining. Now to wait for Waterworld's queue to be taken over by HHN prep..

Probably a recycled but changed version of the Horrors of Blumhouse Theater. I hope they make it seem like it’s from the 40’s/50’s type of Theater so that way it fits with the theme

I'm guessing a Movie Theater, but designed to be more in-line with Universal Blvd/Plaza as the facade, paying homage to classic Horror in a way.

Edit: And this is coming from someone who doesn't know what will happen within what's coming, only wishful thinking. I hope it celebrates the Golden Age of Classic Hollywood/Horror in the best way that'd be terrifying yet nostalgic.

Last edited:
Reactions: horrornights789
I'm guessing a Movie Theater, but designed to be more in-line with Universal Blvd/Plaza as the facade, paying homage to classic Horror in a way.

Edit: And this is coming from someone who doesn't know what will happen within what's coming, only wishful thinking. I hope it celebrates the Golden Age of Classic Hollywood/Horror in the best way that'd be terrifying yet nostalgic.

Even though it’s probably gonna happen, I would LOVE if they had some nods to House of Horrors like the classical movie posters on the facade or some of the props from that maze.

I would be totally down to see a German-expressionism style Black-and-white house as that would be super fitting for Monsters. If you have no idea what "German expressionism" is.....two movies: The Cabinet of Dr Caligari and Nosferatu. That's your homework for this week kids. This may be my most-anticipated because this has the most potential of being very unique.

The GP will always be restless about announcements. Hell, I've already seen some people wanting to see Get Out and even NOES come to this year's event on some Twitter comments. Given that I'm sure the people wanting Freddy back probably heard the rumor going on months ago about it possibly coming in Orlando and that got them excited again. In all reality nothing really makes them happy. I guarantee you we're gonna see a lot of complaining when UCM gets announced, saying things like "WTF classic monsters aren't scary!" or "Why didn't you do [insert never-been-done-before-IP] instead?" or "You should've done [insert Titan of Terror] again. Their past mazes were bomb AF".

It’s honestly depressing for some IP’s like The Conjuring/Annabelle/Nun and Scream since they were close to having them but the GP doesn’t know that and keeps asking for it without knowing the rights issues behind them. Same thing with IT except we’re most likely getting that this year. I don’t get why people are always clamoring for the Titans and Inisidious to return though since when they’re announced they always beg for other IP’s

Back to 2018, UCM is moving up my anticipation list solely because of the potential. I’m excited for all of them this year which is a first

This may be my most-anticipated because this has the most potential of being very unique.
Even though we do make fun of Murdy for black walls and such things I do feel as though he does care and that this is the passion project of this year.

He grew up with the Universal Monsters and it's a huge passion for him more than anything else property wise so I think that he is going to pump more passion into this than any other maze this year.

The only other maze that comes close is The Thing and that's because he has been waiting to do that film for awhile and he loves the Original.

I hope they actually use the courtyard environment as that has the very look and is modeled after the sets alot of those films were filmed on.
A UCM Gauntlet would be hella cool, btw. I don't know wtf they'd put in it, but I'm interested haha.

I hope they actually use the courtyard environment as that has the very look and is modeled after the sets alot of those films were filmed on.
A UCM Gauntlet would be hella cool, btw. I don't know wtf they'd put in it, but I'm interested haha.

It'd probably just be something simple, like a little forest/village outside of a gothic castle. Sort of like that one exclusive scarezone, but hopefully good.

Reactions: chris.g