Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

Isn't the bike thing in the little covered thing?
infinity-falls-seaworld-rapids.jpg

Thanks for the video. Looks like the pedestrian bridges were installed. I'm curious to what those bright tealish blue things were close to the base of the drop. I wonder when we're going to see that tower structure installed, which I'm confused on whether or not it will have one or two towers considering they're using marketing with one with and one without the second tower. Seriously impressive how fast this project came together. I think they should meet that rumored July 4th deadline, as long as this doesn't turn out to be a Falcon's Fury scenario (which I see no reason why it would).

First off, I was assisting with an animal photo shoot near the Ambassador Stable today and did get some decent glances at Infinity Falls from the area. It looks great at eye level. There's like ancient Mayan style rockwork visible and it's really coming together. The drop doesn't look too intimidating from the ground, (although it's not done yet,) but the angle isn't too scary so I don't think this will scare off families, which is great!

Of course, I do not have any photos from there because I wouldn't be able to take them from backstage areas...

But! I parked at Discovery Cove this morning and they are staging some support pieces and the rafts there, so I took a photo of that. Again, these pics were taken from the guest parking lot of Discovery Cove (through my windshield.)

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

They're currently shooting for mid June opening, but was originally planned to open in May...

And I'm not so sure if they'll make that date either, but it's gonna be great whenever it does open!