Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

I mean yea maybe it'd bother me if Uni wasn't also opening something every year. But I'm more excited for the Potter coaster than either SW ride so it is what it is. I'm getting great new rides from both resorts tho, so it's really hard to be salty about waiting for Nintendo, especially when it's coming with a new park
That’s really not surprising coming from you.
So you are leaving out that UOR has Hogsmeade/Bourne next year, along with JP getting a massive facelift for 2020?
I will be coming for the Potter coaster and JP (if they’re good). My pass has been expired since before Fallon opened.
Why is this another argument about Nintendo again? Please get this back on topic.
Just injecting a dose of reality into the “Lol, Disney’s so slow they’ll never open in Fall 2019!!!” narrative that sprouted.

That’s really not surprising coming from you.

I mean I'm more excited for the GOTG ride than the SW rides either. So...

Just injecting a dose of reality into the “Lol, Disney’s so slow they’ll never open in Fall 2019!!!” narrative that sprouted.

Dude that has nothing to do with Disney being slow. It's just about the current state of construction. It just does not look possible they can be done by next year.

Dude that has nothing to do with Disney being slow. It's just about the current state of construction. It just does not look possible they can be done by next year.
The comparisons have been done before with Disneyland’s past construction and they’re right on schedule. No one is doubting it except here and looking at the name of the site I don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce why.

I mean I'm more excited for the GOTG ride than the SW rides either. So...

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

I'm reaaaaaaaaally ambivalent towards the Star Wars attractions right now. At least GOTG is gonna be a coaster, which at its baseline is more interesting to me than the Falcon or the Battle Escape. I think the land itself, as an entire package, will be super cool. But the rides I'm just not really feeling at all.

Fair enough. Sounds like how I feel about Diagon Alley!

For me, the GOTG ride is way at the bottom of the list of the announced attractions coming in the next few years.

Fair enough. Sounds like how I feel about Diagon Alley!

For me, the GOTG ride is way at the bottom of the list of the announced attractions coming in the next few years.
I'm really hoping the Battle Escape has some sort of wrinkle to it that will really excite me. As it stands though, I really wish there was a Speeder Bike coaster in the land or something.

My most anticipated Disney additions coming:
1) GOTG
2) TRON
3) Mickey
4) Falcon/Battle Escape
5) Ratatouille

I'd probably have to go this way (for Disney):
1. Alcatraz/Battle Escape
2. TRON
3. Mickey and Minnie
4. Ratatouille
5. Falcon
6. GOTG

If we end up getting a dark ride in the U.K. pavilion at Epcot, that would probably slot in somewhere around 3 or 4.

My list would go:

1) Tron
2) GOTG
3) Battle Escape
4) Mickey
5) Falcon
6) Ratatouille (Not that there's nothing to get excited about it but I've done it already)

Why do you guys hate Epcot? ;)

But in all seriousness, I hope Guardians is an attraction worthy of your excitement, and is a lot of more than just a minimally-themed coaster in the dark.

I love EPCOT Center. But it’s dead, not coming back, and “Epcot” sucks. GOTG will instantly become the most fun ride in the park no matter what its theme level, so I count that as a huge win at this point.

So you are leaving out that UOR has Hogsmeade/Bourne next year, along with JP getting a massive facelift for 2020?
Haven’t you learned by now that until dirt is dug and fences are up, don’t bank on it as a fact.
How many times have we been burned? Something will come somewhere in 2020, but we might not know what is certain yet.

We always say this though. “It doesn’t look possible xyz will be ready in time”. And the only time we were right was with volcano bay.
And it still opened on time... it just wasn’t ready. :lol:

Regardless- battle escape is going to be badass.
I have unrealistically high expectations for that ride.

I'm hoping for Battle Escape to be bring something to the table that sets the new benchmark from Spidey

Do we have any inside to ride length on that behemoth?