Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018 | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is a really small thing, but i'm hoping that pinnochio is somewhat of an animatronic. At least have his head move or even have his chair rock back and forth, but other than that its a really beautiful theatre

Last edited:
Would've been a nice touch if they gave Pinocchio a dozing off effect where his head lowers with his eyes closed, then his head pops up with eyes wide open, looks around for a bit and dozes off again. Throw in some snoring sounds, too.

Throw in some snoring sounds, too.
well considering the attraction isn't open yet, we don't know what they will have for it yet. But they are doing a media preview today surprised IU hasn't mentioned it, but no pics are allowed because Universal is providing them. So expect articles for the new attraction to pop up sometime "soon"

Upon thinking, and more and more, as I can't believe I'll say this, but DWT is going to be the better of the two major additions from Universal or Disney this year for the West Coast.

Why? Because it'll be a complete experience, and not one that is worked on in phases.

Here are a few shots of Shrek's old "NEW" queue from today...

TI7hHxn.jpg
4IRJSqh.jpg

NklC6gn.jpg
sYwxjzc.jpg

Oh yea... So won't give any spoilers on the new attraction interior because it's weird & need to see it for myself lol. But from what I heard, it is interestingly well done.

In other news, allegedly Donkey will NOT remain in his current location across from Mr Ping. Apparently he will be relocated, but I'll believe it when I see it. So just keep an eye out after Mr Ping makes his grand return debut.

Last edited:
One little thing from the new IU Photo Report, god I love this design.

IMG_3074.jpg

Also seems like we can now have it confirmed that DWT won't have 3D, which will be interesting to see with the projection mapping.

Reactions: jtsalien
Interesting that Mr. Ping appears on the poster, when he doesn't appear to be in the Motiongate ride (judging from the only POV on Youtube).

Which leads me to believe the video below will be a part of the ride and if that's the case, could there actually be two alternating films like the Finding Nemo simulator at Tokyo DisneySea?

Interesting that Mr. Ping appears on the poster, when he doesn't appear to be in the Motiongate ride (judging from the only POV on Youtube).

Which leads me to believe the video below will be a part of the ride and if that's the case, could there actually be two alternating films like the Finding Nemo simulator at Tokyo DisneySea.

...huh, and it meshes with the concept art from June.

kung-fu-panda-attraction-universal-studios-hollywood.jpg

The only thing that seems off-kilter, is that there seems to be no element of the Emperor from that poster.

I was just in Phoenix for work and saw a TV spot for USH and this attraction which featured ride footage. Surprised it hasn't made its way on here.

Forget anything you may think you know about this new attraction. Trust me. It will be 100% more immersive than Shrek 4D was.

Also.. when it soft opens/opens.. SIT. IN. THE. BACK.
And the lack of 3D glasses is due to the fact it wouldn't work with the new tech they're using

Reactions: alias8703
Notice the signage mentions heavily that it's a "simulation". This is basically the Mass Effect attraction at CGA on a different scale.

It'll be interesting to see if they change it out when it goes into flex mode.