Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple things...

Check the permits again....Life Formations may not be the only figure game in town on this one.

And I think it's wrong to assume Fluffy was going to be the "Kong" of this one. It's natural to assume cuz of his size, but ride placement means the more complex figures will be in other spots.

No stops. Slow moving from friction wheels.

Perhaps, but I would say LF makes sense when it comes to Fluffy, especially if it's an outdoor animatronic as it's seeming to be.

It has to be a slow pass, we don't want to rile the sweet thing with sudden movements

The last thing we want is Disco Fluffy in particular.

I’m not hyped for Fluffy anymore. They basically makes statues.

I would not think that they'll be making Fluffy as a statue...however, I do not think we should be expecting a Kong on the lovable mutt's.

If it's outside I'm expecting something like Buckbeak. Simple-r, but smooth, movements. With probably only the heads moving.

Yup, that's entirely what I'm expecting. Durable to last for a long while, while simple and smooth. It's the best of both worlds, and hopefully won't be as problematic.

Can’t be any worse than the CGI in the film?

At-least you aren't being enveloped into a 360* environment.

And likely no fur.

I actually could see Fur, but it's be minimal and only complementing the figure.

If were talking about an outdoor coaster, and Fluffy being covered in rock work to block from certain points of view, what's not to say that Fluffy can't be blocked in quickly with a simple "garage door" to block from rain? Odd's are the coaster will shut down in the rain any way so it's not like Fluffy going into hiding will be anything guests see. This would let them give Fluffy at least full fur so it looks more realistic. A Fluffy figure without any fur would just look...wrong.

If were talking about an outdoor coaster, and Fluffy being covered in rock work to block from certain points of view, what's not to say that Fluffy can't be blocked in quickly with a simple "garage door" to block from rain? Odd's are the coaster will shut down in the rain any way so it's not like Fluffy going into hiding will be anything guests see. This would let them give Fluffy at least full fur so it looks more realistic. A Fluffy figure without any fur would just look...wrong.
Coasters do not shut down in the rain, only when lightning is in the area.

And I do not believe there will be a way to enclose the area with the puppy, just some rocks to create a dramatic reveal and shade to control the light.

They absolutely do shut down due to rain but it depends on the coaster and how much it is raining.
Okay, so I guess then: They don't always close down when it rains, so even if they made a way to close off the Fluffy figure it would still get wet from light rain, dew, and natural Florida humidity.

rode the hulk just as a downpour was starting during the summer; luckily I had my sunglasses on and it was actually pretty amazing getting pelted by the rain (especially since the rain was blocked from going in my eyes).

Status
Not open for further replies.