Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OMGZ IT's DOIN WHAT IT'S DONE LIKE EVERY DAY FOR MONTHS?? OMGZ!@!@#@@#!@

IT'S A SIGGGGGGGGGGGN!!!!!1! :look:

:lol:

:)

Well a Team Member at Comic Strip Cafe has informed me that the reason it's testing is to make sure the banner didn't do any structural damage to the tower. If they find that it didn't, it may open up next Wednesday.

lmao, well it was actually not testing. my bad. :lol:

An even bigger surprise!

OMGZ because The Manager At Louis Pizza told me that when it does not test when the one with head of fire views upon glowing moon, coyote will howl thrice then 47 days later employees can ride and then it will open six minutes after!

OMGZ COUNTDOWN 4 REALZ!!!!!1!!1!!

(The Manager At Louis Pizza is an old Native American woman)

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Well a Team Member at Comic Strip Cafe has informed me that the reason it's testing is to make sure the banner didn't do any structural damage to the tower. If they find that it didn't, it may open up next Wednesday.

:heart:333 WILLZY!!

From tonight:

They were working on the lift's rings while I was there.

IMG_0081-1.jpg

and in case some of you couldn't tell....that "Banner on the loop" thing is a joke.

Our infinitely intelligent friends over at IOAcentral are now worshiping a guy with two posts claiming that soft openings can't be far away because a custodian was placing trash bags in the trash cans near HRRR. :bonk:

Somewhere the manager at Louis Pizza is having a fit that he/she is no longer the Definitive Rip Ride Source.

Our infinitely intelligent friends over at IOAcentral are now worshiping a guy with two posts claiming that soft openings can't be far away because a custodian was placing trash bags in the trash cans near HRRR. :bonk:

Somewhere the manager at Louis Pizza is having a fit that he/she is no longer the Definitive Rip Ride Source.

IOAC, here's to you. :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Text Rockit to 64646 for the updates.

So what does everybody thing of the actual queue element of the ride? I was expecting something a bit more elaborate to what looks like a similar setup to SFoG's Batman, with the majority of the switchbacks located under the station. When the ride was originally announced, I was expecting the indoor queuing to feature memorabilia and possibly production equipment revolving around music and stuff. I also thought it'd be a neat idea to have an interactive DJ of sorts out by the crowd surfer section of queue... not to take a page out of Cedar Fair's playbook, but it works well... especially with an attraction like Rockit.

Although the flat screen panels and the foliage in the queuing area looks nice and stuff, for what is supposed to be the "staple attraction" at USF, I expected something a bit more involving. I guess when you're trying to rush something as Universal did, I shouldn't expect much... but the final product turned out completely different from what I originally envisioned.

what more is there to talk about HRRR?

I agree completely. The truth is there's NOTHING to talk about. Everyone figured out the issues the ride has, whether they choose to believe them of not. It's testing. That's it. When it's ready, it will open.

Personally, I'd MUCH rather see a thread where people like myself, Patrick, David, Ryne, are sitting here bouncing jokes back and forth about tornado attacks then what you get on EVERY OTHER forum out there:

OMGZ WHEN WILL THE RINGS GO UP
OMGZ WHEN WILL THE BANNER GO UP
OMGZ WHEN CAN I RIDE
OMGZ MY TRIP IS THIS DAY WILL IT BE OPEN
OMGZ THEY SUX SO MUCH FOR NOT BEING OPEN YET
OMGZ THIS IS RIDICULOUS I HATE UNIVERSAL BECAUSE I WANT TO RIDE
OMGZ THE TVS R ON SO IT MUST BE OPENING SOON

Seriously - at least our inane chatter is fun to read. We're still *way better* than every OTHER Rockit thread out there.

Just have some fun with it. It's ALL we can do right now. When it opens, this thread will obviously be ABOUT ROCKIT again, but until then, we're way beyond beating a dead horse; we're beating the corpes of the horse that is well on its way to becoming tomorrow's fossil fuel.

My $0.02.

New here, please be gentle.
Was curious about this rides' projected people-moving numbers (folks per hour, etc.), if anyone knows. Sorry, I haven't read all pages here.
Thanks! & I've really enjoyed checking out this site. Great pictures too!

The Manager At Louis Pizza told me that a water dummys head got decapitated on this ride. If this is true im not going to ride HRRR unless its got OTSR's!!

The Manager At Louis Pizza told me that a water dummys head got decapitated on this ride. If this is true im not going to ride HRRR unless its got OTSR's!!

The Manager At Louis Pizza didn't give you the entire story - probably because she knew you'd just run and post it on the internet!

The truth is yes, one of the water dummies lost their head - but not because of the ride! As you may have noticed if you've visited the park, the non-inverting loop still does not have its banner up. A tornado came through the area last night and attacked at train in the loop, just as everyone feared would happen. This vicious attack literally ripped the head off the water dummy. Had they gotten the non-inverting loop's tornado-repelling banner up sooner, this wouldn't have happened. The Manager At Louis Pizza tells me we'll see that banner going up within the next few days, so hopefully there won't be anymore tornado attacks before then.