Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Construction Tour tomorrow with a supposed surprise announcement/ reveal to the new Boardwalk area. Betting its a new Johnny Rocket's menu

Reactions: SOCAL110
Modestly good news for SFMM.

According to the 2017 TEA Attendance Report, the park moved up a spot from the previous year & is now #16 in total attendance in North America. It had a small 1% attendance gain from 2016. Though moving up a spot from #17 is really due to Sea World parks performing abysmally, in particular the San Diego park with a loss of 13.9%. Ouch.

What I'm looking forward to reading is the 2018 Report to see how the 365 day schedule will impact the numbers.

I'm calling it right now. I expect AT LEAST a 5% gain in 2018. If SFMM plays their cards right, they can be in the Top 12 parks within 5 years.

Congrats to Knott's who is now in the Top 10 parks in US/North America.

I’m getting word preparations are underway for the 50th, and it will include a repaint of Tatsu that could begin as soon as next year. However due to the costs the repaint will be done periodically, not all at once. This is subject to change but SFMM wants the park to be in tip top shape for its anniversary year.

Reactions: SOCAL110 and Freak
I sure hope that means an upgrade to the bathrooms in the front of the park (and possibly the entry plaza as well). To me, those are the worst bathrooms by far, and they probably get the most use due to their location. Makes for a really poor first (and last) impression.

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
I’m getting word preparations are underway for the 50th, and it will include a repaint of Tatsu that could begin as soon as next year. However due to the costs the repaint will be done periodically, not all at once. This is subject to change but SFMM wants the park to be in tip top shape for its anniversary year.

Well this is good news. These are the kind of improvements that I love because even though they are minor cosmetic changes, they really do improve the aesthetics, atmosphere, and experience in the park.

That’s why we’ll be getting more flats. ;) ;) ;)

Lol. I have now accepted this fact. I'm okay with it because they are making very necessary improvements in the next couple years such as repainting Tatsu, refurbing Viper, re-doing Psyclone Bay, & eventually adding a major coaster for the 50th.

What Chris G. said about SFMM wanting to be in tip-top shape for the 50th has given me optimism.

Reactions: Rideguy70
^That was about to be one of my guesses. But not sure how much land is open behind those buildings. And definitely hoping one of those flat rides is not another Larsen loop. :/

^That was about to be one of my guesses. But not sure how much land is open behind those buildings. And definitely hoping one of those flat rides is not another Larsen loop. :/

I would imagine, if they use this much space and start that area from scratch, we could get a 3 ride package and to redo the infrastructure around the area, with adding new shops and dining facilities.

upload_2018-5-25_17-45-22.png

Well, at least for the moment, the candy store, ice cream place, and bathroom on the bottom of that pic are still open and in place. Not to say they couldn't disappear later. Only the stores on the top of that section have already seemingly been closed up, so that doesn't give as much room yet.

It's been a pretty destitute area for a while now. I may be mistaken, but don't most of those building harken back from the Spillikin Corners days?

I would be completely satisfied if all we got for the 50th was the reopening of the Sky Tower

That would be a missed opportunity from a marketing perspective. There needs to be something BIG to draw the crowds.

As much as I want to see the Sky Tower fixed as well, that would't move the needle.