Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was taken away with the intent of it being a permanent move.

I understand it was supposed to have happened on the 12th, but I had trouble finding videos or physical confirmation that he indeed went silent. I suppose the above link proves so.

A single new lane caused headaches. This is not going to be a fun Fall.
As long as they get very clear signage up, it shouldn't be that bad. People don't pay attention though so inevitably this will cause headaches for even those who have been going for years and are used to going through the autoplaza to get to the resorts.

In the long run it makes everything easier though. I certainly know as a local I can't wait for this to open as I cut through here all the time.

Last edited:
As long as they get very clear signage up, it shouldn't be that bad. People don't pay attention though so inevitably this will cause headaches for even those who have been going for years and are used to going through the autoplaza to get to the resorts.

In the long run it makes everything easier though. I certainly know as a local I can't wait for this to open as I cut through here all the time.
The signage has been very confusing lately, they would move the signs around every other time I visited.

The signage has been very confusing lately, they would move the signs around every other time I visited.
Ever since the WDW Speedway closed and they expanded the MK Parking lot in 2014 or 2015 there's been an abundance of work going on in this area. It's finally finishing up so hopefully things will become a little more clear going forward.

There are frames up for signs across World Drive to clearly delineate which lane goes where. The small, temporary signs were very confusing to guests but the new signs will go a long way to clear up the flow of traffic and which lane goes where.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Thats nice. When I worked at Jungle Cruise, during rehab we had to shovel up the muck into wheelbarrows and manually haul it up out of the track (You would not believe how much muck and junk accumulates in the hippo pool - lowest part of the ride). It was with our a doubt, the nastiest work I ever did. (I still cant believe us hourlies did that instead of a specific crew).

Reactions: Skold and therock