Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found Intamin’s reference list on their website today, which has all of their projects on it.
image.png

The very right column is year of contract. All of the highlighted ones could possibly be for IoA. I’m leaning against the LSM launch coasters since those usually have 2 rows per car, making 7 rows very unlikely, unless they get rid of one row for a themed front element.

For reference, here’s Gringotts.
image.png

Year of contract is 2012 and it opened in 2014.

I found Intamin’s reference list on their website today, which has all of their projects on it.
image.png

The very right column is year of contract. All of the highlighted ones could possibly be for IoA. I’m leaning against the LSM launch coasters since those usually have 2 rows per car, making 7 rows very unlikely, unless they get rid of one row for a themed front element.

For reference, here’s Gringotts.
image.png

Year of contract is 2012 and it opened in 2014.

Guessing it's "Family Launch Coaster" from 2016, as the original time of the rumor popping up was in the middle of the year.

It’s quite a sharp turn out the station. Pacing is key to this coaster and from what @AliciaStella says, it sounds like Universal are getting very creative with it.

That makes sense and would explain a lot of the confusion about the vehicle. It would be very easy to have a standard train with a big bike facade on one side and a smaller side car facade on the other especially if you’re entering and exiting on the same side (Most likely the lower side car side)

View attachment 6747

You’ll be exiting and entering to the left of the vehicle so this checks out as well.

It would be amazing if in the load station a Hagrid AA -- on his motorbike -- connected to the first (side)car of a train of sidecars.

He would beckon you to hurry up and load and then the train with Hagrid would leave the station.

Then the Hagrid AA/motorbike would meet up with an empty train after unload and the next folks in line would see him drive in with the empty sidecars.

Never going to happen, but a guy can dream.

Also, my first post in this thread! I'm a long-time lurker.

Last edited:
It would be amazing if in the load station a Hagrid AA -- on his motorbike -- connected to the first (side)car of a train of sidecars.

He would beckon you to hurry up and load and then the train with Hagrid would leave the station.

Then the Hagrid AA/motorbike would meet up with an empty train after unload and the next folks in line would see him drive in with the empty sidecars.

Great first post!

Almost like how Mater works at Radiator Springs Racers.

They're going to market it as UOR's Everest, except not a boring layout and working AAs. *rim shot*
That’s fascinating. Does Disney market Everest as a family ride? I always thought they wanted Everest to be seen as a thrill ride, which is both strange and not what Universal wants?

That’s fascinating. Does Disney market Everest as a family ride? I always thought they wanted Everest to be seen as a thrill ride, which is both strange and not what Universal wants?

I thought at first they did, but over the years, Disney went more on family thrill than "thrill coaster". Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought that's what Disney is marketing Everest as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.