Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 194 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Could “Surprise!” be The Purge? How many days straight did Legacy post the clue that we assumed was Happy Death Day? Could it coincide with the number of times Orlando has repeated The Purge at the event?

Reactions: horrornights789
Could “Surprise!” be The Purge? How many days straight did Legacy post the clue that we assumed was Happy Death Day? Could it coincide with the number of times Orlando has repeated The Purge at the event?

I just read through and he posted the gif 5 times.

Purge has been at the event in 24(SZ), 25(maze), 27(Purge SZ, Altars of Horrors SZ, and the HoB Maze). That’s 5 times but I’m hoping that’s a coincidence since even the GP seemed Purged out after last year

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Edit - Could Stranger Things being such a big property be the reason why we’re getting more originals?
That plus the stellar reception of last year’s originals.
I would almost rather have The Walking Dead, at least that has decent looking sets. On another hand, what if Purge happens in a Horrors of Blumhouse 2 with Happy Death Day?
Purge wouldn’t be in HoB 2. Even if something had to be replaced they wouldn’t re-use it in the same mash-up series.

Bloody Mary can return just don’t use her name in the ads. I thought the copyright ended in 2018(this year).

And there are creative ways around that. Her name was never actually said in the main ad. As the man was about to finish the name she popped out of the mirror. Power of suggestion is awesome.

Also, an ingenious way to likely get through any issues on T-shirts, signage or merch would be to have:
YRAM YDOOLB
YRAM YDOOLB
YRAM YDOOLB

on renderings of glass and mirror surfaces.

You had to figure Surprise would be an IP that would make everyone groan. The two upsides with Purge are:

1) It's one house I can skip.
2) It will be a very cheap house (honestly, they could just use the leftover HoB set) which--given that there's just one show and it's not B&T--means they can really pour the dough in for the rest of the houses.

As for Coach, I don't see (combined with Clue 4) how it couldn't be Poltergeist. I certainly don't see how it could be Lost Boys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert Bliss
You had to figure Surprise would be an IP that would make everyone groan. The two upsides with Purge are:

1) It's one house I can skip.
2) It will be a very cheap house (honestly, they could just use the leftover HoB set) which--given that there's just one show and it's not B&T--means they can really pour the dough in for the rest of the houses.

Well the sets from last year were partially retrofitted Ouija sets so I’d imagine they wouldn’t wanna redo those. Although, if they combined the Scream and Ouija sets it could make for a decent flowing house

Edit - Honestly I don’t think Purge is coming, but it seems more likely than The Walking Dead to return. I still think Poltergeist may be a sure thing, especially since it was apart of the HHNU post that someone said contained an IP that was coming to the event and since Coach is an obvious connection. I’m still hoping HDD is Surprise though since it fits the property(surprise party, like the scene in the movie and the killer reveal scene) better than The Purge does

Last edited:
Yeah I figured such. But the fact that we're getting five originals has me excited enough.

At least...

Are we all ignoring @Legacy’s response here? I only ask because once again people are really trying to fit IT into the event (“Maybe it’s the secret house”) while his response seems to imply that whatever the secret house is, it is an original.

Are we all ignoring @Legacy’s response here? I only ask because once again people are really trying to fit IT into the event (“Maybe it’s the secret house”) while his response seems to imply that whatever the secret house is, it is an original.

Well Legacy did say he hasn’t heard of an Icon which brings up the question of what original would be worthy of a secret house ; unless of course it ends up being an upcharge

Reactions: kingcooger
Well Legacy did say he hasn’t heard of an Icon which brings up the question of what original would be worthy of a secret house ; unless of course it ends up being an upcharge

It could be an upcharge

It could also just be an original concept they are really excited about and wanted to keep secret from the fans. After all, to the GP the big headline would just be ten houses. Heck, they could announce one of our already speculated IPs last as the tenth house (having already announced 3 IPs and 6 Originals) just to keep the momentum

*Cough*
Stuff is starting to become a little clearer and, per usual, reality is far less interesting than speculation.
*Looks at "mystery house" location*

*Looks at popular rumors for said location*

*Looks at recent trend for plans to be suddenly put on hold, which would allow a location that wasn't expected to hold a house to suddenly become available for one*

*Realizes the "mystery" is because it wasn't initially planned for*

*Cough*

*Looks at "mystery house" location*

*Looks at popular rumors for said location*

*Looks at recent trend for plans to be suddenly put on hold, which would allow a location that wasn't expected to hold a house to suddenly become available for one*

*Realizes the "mystery" is because it wasn't initially planned for*

Well at least we now know what’s going in Shrek

Why are so many plans being put on hold anyways? Beijing?

Guessing new attractions planned for universal studios will instead find their way into the, as yet unannounced, third park. Uni bought a ton of land around I-drive, and just paid a lot of money to get rid of one of the covenants over part of that land to allow them to develop it into a new theme park.

There was the question of 10th house or 2nd show. They likely made the decision later than the other nine. I don't think it's that big a mystery since it isn't going to be a "special house" and it being in Shrek should have tempered expectations right away. Still hoping for a cool sixth original. Just do Wonderland Asylum 3D again. I loved that.

Last edited:
There was the question of 10th house or 2nd show. They likely made the decision later than the other nine. I don't think it's that big a mystery since it isn't going to be a "special house" and it being in Shrek should have tempered expectations right away. Still hoping for a cool sixth original. Just do Wonderland Asylum 3D again. I loved that.
There won't be a 2nd show @Legacy already confirmed that after my question.