Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 214 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expect them to continue updating the original parks even after the new park is open

I would argue that HP has already focused a spotlight on areas that need to be updated

I don't want to be misunderstood, I think Marvel, TL, and, in some ways, LC, could have much more to offer
Yeah overall we agree. This new park will bring weak areas into focus. Hopefully the work that’s needed gets done like Dragon Challenge.

Yeah overall we agree. This new park will bring weak areas into focus. Hopefully the work that’s needed gets done like Dragon Challenge.
Dragon Challenge and JP Rumors are evidence to me that they are looking into weak areas

Granted DC was a shell of its former self and thematically shoehorned, but still

Reactions: Mike S
I don’t know why, but part of me is sure that the new park will feature a B&M dive coaster. They’re very easy to theme (Baron - something?) and provide the thrills that the park will need.

I also see an invert somewhere.

Last edited:
I still think we will get a whole Nintendo park and a whole DreamWorks park. What universal doesn't have that Disney does have is the kid audience. Both Ips are very much connected with kids. Sadly I don't think we will get my beloved Wizard of Oz land or LOTR, StarTrek, and Classic Monsters. I think it is possible at some point we could see these Ips fill in areas of IOA or USF. Kidszone, MIB, and Production Central all need work. At IOA Lost Cont., Toon Lagoon, and Marvel.

I still think we will get a whole Nintendo park and a whole DreamWorks park. What universal doesn't have that Disney does have is the kid audience. Both Ips are very much connected with kids. Sadly I don't think we will get my beloved Wizard of Oz land or LOTR, StarTrek, and Classic Monsters. I think it is possible at some point we could see these Ips fill in areas of IOA or USF. Kidszone, MIB, and Production Central all need work. At IOA Lost Cont., Toon Lagoon, and Marvel.

No way Universal does that. None of the Dreamworks IP’s are enough to anchor a whole theme park. And Nintendo is a licensed IP. If they lose the license, they lose an entire park. It wouldn’t make sense.

No way Universal does that. None of the Dreamworks IP’s are enough to anchor a whole theme park. And Nintendo is a licensed IP. If they lose the license, they lose an entire park. It wouldn’t make sense.

Good point, I was worried that they may do that. But you're right hopefully we will get some classic movies that Disney threw out of their parks. I just want to know how a new theme park will be able to include Nintendo. Like what the theme of the park. USF kinda worked cuz it was based on entertainment and video games are part of that.

Good point, I was worried that they may do that. But you're right hopefully we will get some classic movies that Disney threw out of their parks. I just want to know how a new theme park will be able to include Nintendo. Like what the theme of the park. USF kinda worked cuz it was based on entertainment and video games are part of that.

Apparently the park could be based around kingdoms. So the Mushroom Kingdom would fit into those parameters pretty nicely. Pokémon would go into USF, so that they still get a Nintendo IP. Zelda would go into IOA. At least that’s the popular rumor :shrug:

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

I'm hoping that Nintendo doesn't go into USF. I've always seen USF as mostly stories set in real places, New York, London, San Francisco etc. IOA is set in fantasy locations like Hogsmeade, JP, Seuess etc.

If I could rearrange the parks, I'd continue the trend with USF being real locations which requires Shrek and Despicable Me to go. IOA would be fake locations but real people so Seuss and Toon Lagoon have to go. IOA would allow for things like Star Trek and LOTR to go in there.

The new park would be completely fantasy from computer games and animation. Shrek and Despicable Me find their new home there.

I'm hoping that Nintendo doesn't go into USF. I've always seen USF as mostly stories set in real places, New York, London, San Francisco etc. IOA is set in fantasy locations like Hogsmeade, JP, Seuess etc.

If I could rearrange the parks, I'd continue the trend with USF being real locations which requires Shrek and Despicable Me to go. IOA would be fake locations but real people so Seuss and Toon Lagoon have to go. IOA would allow for things like Star Trek and LOTR to go in there.

The new park would be completely fantasy from computer games and animation. Shrek and Despicable Me find their new home there.
Springfield.

*mic drop*

Well USF is based on movies and entertainment. IOA is based on books, and yes Kong was a book. So I don't think we will see Lost Cont. or Toon Lagoon gets replaced by Nintendo. I could see Lost Cont. be based around The Shire. Toon Lagoon I would love a land of oz thing but I don't think there is enough space for three lands within that area to get the full scope of the book and movie.

Also, Toon Lagoon could become Classic Monsters, because most of those movies are based on books. I think the theming transition would work better than the current set up. Popeyes could be rethemed to a creature of the black lagoon.

Last edited:
Well USF is based on movies and entertainment. IOA is based on books, and yes Kong was a book. So I don't think we will see Lost Cont. or Toon Lagoon gets replaced by Nintendo. I could see Lost Cont. be based around The Shire. Toon Lagoon I would love a land of oz thing but I don't think there is enough space for three lands within that area to get the full scope of the book and movie.

Also, Toon Lagoon could become Classic Monsters, because most of those movies are based on books. I think the theming transition would work better than the current set up. Popeyes could be rethemed to a creature of the black lagoon.
I don’t think Universal cares about theme like that. Kong was a movie before anything else. Books came after.

The book thing is urban legend. Dudley Do-Right was a tv show.

Status
Not open for further replies.