Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't think SLOP is going to make it happen. But maybe the SoCal location is going for local families. Tough to trump the mouse there. It's not a resort destination. No Hotels. They should play to the young adults and not copy the mouse.

Last edited:
SLOP is much more grownup.:whistle: Until they build hotels, which is unlikely in the foreseeable future, USH is an afterthought in the big picture.

Last edited:
SLOP is much more grownup.:whistle: Until they build hotels, which is unlikely in the foreseeable future, USH is an afterthought in the big picture.

Then with that mentality, I suggest you stay away from Super Nintendo World.

One of the things that Universal does lack, is low-restricted family attractions. For Orlando, and Hollywood.

Pet's, if done similar to the original version, would not only help fill that hole, but give something unique and exciting for Universal Hollywood.

What exactly was that, again? It's been awhile. This is a great candidate for the 2020 slate though.

Trackless Classic Dark Ride, originally talked when the rumor first popped up to be more like Hunny Hunt from TDL.

To add on what Alex said, the original plans had it being AA/animated figure heavy. (Literally more then what most major parks have been doing in a while.) An' rumors were indicating they'd also be having AA's on their own trackless RV's, which I something I've been wanting any trackless darkride to do ever since Hunny Hunt teased that idea with static figures riding a RV in it.

If you say so. USH is not on my list personally. Neither LA except in transit.

Well, considering that 84 million people utilize LAX as their destination airport in 2017 and numbers continue to rise...you are in the minority for using LAX as a connection city. Who connects at LAX??? It a pain to connect at that airport...and I should know!

To add on what Alex said, the original plans had it being AA/animated figure heavy. (Literally more then what most major parks have been doing in a while.) An' rumors were indicating they'd also be having AA's on their own trackless RV's, which I something I've been wanting any trackless darkride to do ever since Hunny Hunt teased that idea with static figures riding a RV in it.

Yup, and that I think we even mentioned of Norman having a role of some kind in the original plans. Whether he is apart of it or not, who's to say.

Sounds to me like you are an Orlando fanboy. Or perhaps Disney. But, I will say this. The theme park dynamic on the west coast is 180 degrees in the opposite direction compared to Orlando. Understand the history and you will understand why there are limitations. Universal gets a bad reputation in California because it was a tourist park and not much to do for repeat value or locals, until recently. California locals want what Orlando has. Well, sorry, that is just not going to happen. Universal in California is unique in more ways than one. This gives the guests a very different type of experience which can be positive or negative. I, for one, enjoy Universal Studios Hollywood because of its rich history...something Orlando doesn't have. Remember this is a business, and the business is primarily theme park in Orlando...the California property is doing so much more than just a theme park.

Yup, and that I think we even mentioned of Norman having a role of some kind in the original plans. Whether he is apart of it or not, who's to say.

Mmm..hmm, and I'll be very upfront, if the ride turns out anything like what the original plans teased, it'll be one of my most anticipated attractions in a long time. An' that's including the sheer fact I don't care for the IP one bit! I've been wanting a real good trackless dark ride in the states, and this could not only be that, but also tap more into the great potential of this type of attraction. Having AA's/characters travel with the group of RV's is territory I want to see explored.

Mmm..hmm, and I'll be very upfront, if the ride turns out anything like what the original plans teased, it'll be one of my most anticipated attractions in a long time. An' that's including the sheer fact I don't care for the IP one bit! I've been wanting a real good trackless dark ride in the states, and this could not only be that, but also tap more into the great potential of this type of attraction. Having AA's/characters travel with the group of RV's is territory I want to see explored.

I also saw the original plans for the SS28 plot of SLoP. Although it wasn't a super attraction, I think it had some good quality in the no use of screens approach. Something tells me this will get scaled back just a little when its redesigned for the Globe Theater footprint. I could be wrong, but after Skull Island in Orlando has many trackless problems...why would Universal return to a trackless system?

With the tone of Universal Creative when it's seeming with Potter and Nintendo, especially with the possibility of this, I really think we are about to bounce into a great period of growth for UC creatively.

And honestly, if Nintendo wasn't happening but this was, this would be my most anticipated project from UC, just by how committed they seemed to of went with that original plans. It seemed so much like they wanted to take the pages from Japan, and to bring something that is a marvel for theme parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.